By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
gtotheunit91 said:

Potential new release date for Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp could be February 24th, 2023 :(

That's an oddly specific date for a placeholder. Looks like that's likely. I'd rather play it sooner, but there's enough games to keep me occupied until then.

Around the Network

Oddworld: Soulstorm Oddtimized Edition Headed to Switch (vgchartz.com)

Yet another crossgen game being ported to Switch.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 19 July 2022

gtotheunit91 said:

Potential new release date for Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp could be February 24th, 2023 :(

This is a good thing! nintendo's fall/winter season is STACKED. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Good point! Guess I'm just still bummed that I haven't been able to play the game for the past 3 months already

gtotheunit91 said:
Runa216 said:

Good point! Guess I'm just still bummed that I haven't been able to play the game for the past 3 months already

Yeah, looks like a good port/update and I want it, too but there seems to be a steady stream of Nintendo games from now till the end of the year and I just don't know how anyone will find time for most of them! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

How are so many Nintendo games getting fully leaked a week or two before release?!

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is the latest to get released early into the wild. Beware of spoilers!

SegaHeart said:

Remember when Platinum said they wanted to be bought? I hope Nintendo picks them up since they bought next level games who make Luigi's Mansion 3 in 2021. Also please get the Bravely Default and Project Triangle devs into Nintendo.

It's also interesting that an Executive that was with Nintendo for 25 years was just brought on to Platinum. Sign of things to come? I have no doubt he was in a very comfortable position. Unless he literally just wanted to do something new lol

gtotheunit91 said:

How are so many Nintendo games getting fully leaked a week or two before release?!

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is the latest to get released early into the wild. Beware of spoilers!

At this point I'm starting to wonder how many leaks are actually guerilla marketing strategies. 

SegaHeart said:

Remember when Platinum said they wanted to be bought? I hope Nintendo picks them up since they bought next level games who make Luigi's Mansion 3 in 2021. Also please get the Bravely Default and Project Triangle devs into Nintendo.

3 misinformation that spread concerning Platinum games due to poor translation, media control, clickbait, etc.

1. They were begging to be acquired

2. Publicly begging Microsoft to work on Scalebound again

3. Tencent bought a share of Platinum Games 

What really happened

1. They never "wanted" to be bought just like Kojima Production for example. They were just ok with acquisitions as long as they could keep 100% freedom and with some other conditions. I'm pretty sure it was a question that was asked during the acquisition spree with Microsoft buying Activision/Blizzard, Sony Bungie, Embracer SE Montreal, and so on. 

2. This spread due to poor translation of an interview from IGN Japan, where IGN asked Platinum about the case of Scalebound (laughing). They responded with how they're willing to work on it again especially since Microsoft has so much work and data somewhere unused. And Kamiya jokingly called out Phil Spencer's name to hopefully grab his "attention" oversea. 

3. Ownership didn't change in Platinum. Not much is revealed obviously because this is a deal with a private company, but it was a capital tie-up where Tencent invested as a type of loan. Platinum has mentioned multiple times that the Tencent investment hasn't impacted them in any way. It is said that Tencent invested to call dibs on a mobile version for Platinum's new IP if it succeeds. I think we can also assume Tencent probably wanted some knowledge outside of mobile gaming and the action genre Platinum exceeds at. This is seen with Tencent's recent showcase that focuses on action and console games.