By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will there be a market for a N64 mini next year?

Last year Nes mini
This year Snes mini
Next year N64 mini?

Is Nintendo rebuilting all of their old consoles for a new generation, as part of their nex strategy?

Never owned a N64 back then, so I am totally excited of the prospect for a N64 mini, will all the games I never get to play. Super Mario 64 for instance!

And what about fixing their notorious N64 controller, where the joystick got inaccurate after some years, will that also happen.

I think Nintendo would be wise to follow up next year with a N64 mini. Next year it will be 22 years since it came out in Japan in 1996. So ripe for a new generation and for old fans to show their kids.

Around the Network

I just hope they change the controller shape to be more standard if they're going to make it since not everyone has three hand.

A handheld gamer only (for now).

Vor said:
I just hope they change the controller shape to be more standard if they're going to make it since not everyone has three hand.

What game required 3 hands??

Anyway they better fucking make on. Don't care about the Mini Nes or Snes but a Mini N64 is day 1... even though it will be missing a lot of its best games.

Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Dr. Mario 64
Mario Golf
Mario Party 3
Paper Mario
F-Zero X
Kirby 64
Starfox 64
LoZ Majora's Mask
LoZ Ocarina of time
Yoshi's Story

^ I could see something like this on a N64 mini.
Just not sure its enough.

I hope, it will be instant buy for me (look at my picture). :D

Around the Network

I don't think it will happen. A N64 Mini would actually require some work, as those titles don't run as smoothly and problem-free on emulators like SNES and NES titles. So Nintendo either has to make a perfect emulator or has to make changes to the games themselves. Both requires some work, while NES Mini and SNES Mini is pretty much just a SOC with an Emulator and some ROMs thrown onto it.

I just don't see Nintendo investing too much into this kind of thing. I think in 2018 we will see NES Classic Mini 2 with other games than the first one, in 2019 SNES Mini 2 and so on.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Well they've already released 4 N64 remasters, so idk, but I would really *really* enjoy that. I think though, that the n64 and gamecube titles are easy to market as eshop titles for switch. But I would really like a n64 mini.

The NES and SNES are decidedly *not* for a "new generation". They're both for previous generations. The entire concept is based on nostalgia.

JRPGfan said:
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Dr. Mario 64
Mario Golf
Mario Party 3
Paper Mario
F-Zero X
Kirby 64
Starfox 64
LoZ Majora's Mask
LoZ Ocarina of time
Yoshi's Story

^ I could see something like this on a N64 mini.
Just not sure its enough.

Wave Race, Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64, Pilot Wings, 1080, Excitebike 64, Pokemon Stadium, Bomberman 64...they could easily find around 20 games even without Rare IPs.

OdinHades said:
I don't think it will happen. A N64 Mini would actually require some work, as those titles don't run as smoothly and problem-free on emulators like SNES and NES titles. So Nintendo either has to make a perfect emulator or has to make changes to the games themselves. Both requires some work, while NES Mini and SNES Mini is pretty much just a SOC with an Emulator and some ROMs thrown onto it.

I just don't see Nintendo investing too much into this kind of thing. I think in 2018 we will see NES Classic Mini 2 with other games than the first one, in 2019 SNES Mini 2 and so on.

It not that hard, and Nintendo already emulated N64 games, we already have VC N64 games on Wii and Wii U.