By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crash Bandicoot reviews

Been playing this all night, I'm really enjoying it. I'm kind of glad that I never got around to finishing the first two as a child, so it pretty much feels new to me.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:
The box does not say anything about being PlayStation 4 or PlayStation Console Exclusive at all. Just something I noticed.

So Sony could be pulling RotTR-style 'exclusive' shenanigans. Sort of. Haven't they been coy about the nature of this title?

This seems fair. Its 20 year old gameplay with a new coat of paint. I'm planning on getting it, never played them originally.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

twintail said:
shikamaru317 said:
About what I expected. Alot of nostalgia driven high scores, with a few lower scores from those who took off their rose tinted glasses and realized that games from that era feel very dated in this day and age.

Wow you dont say?

Honestly the game has never been pushed as anything but Crash, with some fixes, playing like Crash as it was back on the PS1. Expecting it to be anything else is kind of absurd really. 

But I doubt reviews are going to matter for this game. The potential audience knowwhat the are getting: the original Crash with new graphics. 

Not a single reviewer was expecting it to be anything else. They are looking at it as a game released in 2017 and that's it.

You are right about reviews not mattering, though. If people can get past the fact that, at times, it's one step short of 'Temple Run-like' gameplay, then they'll love it.

The BuShA owns all!

Hahaha, I'm playing this game right now and loving the hell out of it. Who cares about these bullcrap reviews anyway???
Look at the New Super Mario games - same old SH*T!! And they get high 80's to 90's. Whatever! Crash feels and looks amazing in HD and I swear it is only getting lower scores because Naughty Dog has nothing to do wit hit. It's always political when it comes top these things.

I'm playing the games and they feel every bit as awesome as they did in the 90's. This was an EASY decision to make. 3 games for $50??? How can you go wrong???

Around the Network
Trunkin said:
zogs88 said:

If this was a Nintendo remaster, the score would be 9, just saying.

That would be because the Crash trilogy pales in comparison to virtually every Nintendo platformer. 

And even then Mario 64 DS only scored an 85.

^This. Crash really just ran foward and jumped. Mario had an entire open world to explore from the get go. 

That being said, I'm really happy for Crash fans. Just another great exclusive for PS4 fans to enjoy. 

80 seems like a fair score, and about in line with the type of critical shift we've seen with the remakes of many other old titles. It'll probably be a while before i get the chance to have a go with it though :/

The score is higher than I thought it would be, but it's not like that matters. If you enjoyed the original games you'll enjoy this remaster. I'll probably pick it up when it's on sale.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

We sold out of Crash at work. That's very surprising to me...

I am really enjoying them though.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

arcaneguyver said:
So Sony could be pulling RotTR-style 'exclusive' shenanigans. Sort of. Haven't they been coy about the nature of this title?

I don't know if I'd compare it to RotTR, Sony have never said crash was exclusive afaik, unlike: