By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - CNN Producer: Russia Narrative "mostly bulls--t right now", is manufactured for ratings

Just like CNN does, so who cares

Around the Network
naruball said:
I love when people have a problem with CNN and call it the worst thing ever when FOX news is still a thing.

CNN blowing things out of proportion doesn't mean that there is no truth to what they say.

You cant try to rag on fox now....but...its not gonna help..

This is as bad as bias gets. Fox hasnt ever dont anything this close.

iron_megalith said:
Nem said:

See here is an important distinction: Obama didn't start a war with said network. Trump did.

This is ALL on Trump for beeing unable to handle criticism and lowering the level. When you declare war, people fight back. Just so you know, because of trump many CNN journalists get death threats daily. It's not ok dude, you can't blame them for fighting back when they are attacked for doing their jobs.

As for the nothing burger. It isn't nothing. Otherwise there would be no investigation. We know for a fact that people from Trumps campaign had unregistered contacts with Russian officials. That is not nothing.

True that Trump gets riled up too much to the point that it is detrimental but don't go painting media as one to handle criticism well. Also Journalists do get death threats way before Trump was in check. You either show proof they weren't getting death threats before or you stop pinning this as "New Phenomenon" because of Trump.

Are you serious? Do you really think they have just as many as before the President of the United states hissed his fans on them on national television and twitter?

Good joke.

Nem said:
iron_megalith said:

True that Trump gets riled up too much to the point that it is detrimental but don't go painting media as one to handle criticism well. Also Journalists do get death threats way before Trump was in check. You either show proof they weren't getting death threats before or you stop pinning this as "New Phenomenon" because of Trump.

Are you serious? Do you really think they have just as many as before the President of the United states hissed his fans on them on national television and twitter?

Good joke.

Good job moving goalposts. Quantity or frequency is irrelevant. The point is that it's been there even since so stop making it out to be some new Phenomenon.

If you wanna talk about quantitative comparison go show some solid proof since you're so sure about your claim. Give me data or back off.

Around the Network
iron_megalith said:
Nem said:

Good joke.

Good job moving goalposts. Quantity or frequency is irrelevant. The point is that it's been there even since so stop making it out to be some new Phenomenon.

If you wanna talk about quantitative comparison go show some solid proof since you're so sure about your claim. Give me data or back off.

Well, there is plenty of anecdotal evidence from the journalists who are receiving death threats for the first time, or greatly increased death threats from what they have in the past:  http://deadline.com/2017/07/cnn-brian-stelter-anti-journalism-smears-lies-death-threats-reliable-sources-donald-trump-jr-1202125711/

If you want something more objective, how about this:  When was the last time a member of Congress (note: this example is of a successful candidate; he has not yet assumed the actual position) physically assaulted a journalist acting in his capacity as a member of the press?  Before, that is, the time when then-candidate Greg Gianforte body-slammed a reporter for asking a question, knocking him to the ground and breaking his glasses, and many Republican voters applauded him for it

Fox News reporter Alicia Acuna, who was at Gianforte's headquarters to interview the candidate and witnessed the incident, posted a full-length story on the channel's website saying Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck, “slammed” him to the ground and punched him.

Acuna wrote that "at no point did any of us who witnessed this assault see Jacobs show any form of physical aggression toward Gianforte."

(The congressman-elect has since pleaded guilty to assault in return for a no-jail-time sentence.) 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Well atleast this Trump vs CNN has given us tons of funny memes and gif. Lol!

Final-Fan said:
iron_megalith said:

Well, there is plenty of anecdotal evidence from the journalists who are receiving death threats for the first time, or greatly increased death threats from what they have in the past:  http://deadline.com/2017/07/cnn-brian-stelter-anti-journalism-smears-lies-death-threats-reliable-sources-donald-trump-jr-1202125711/

If you want something more objective, how about this:  When was the last time a member of Congress (note: this example is of a successful candidate; he has not yet assumed the actual position) physically assaulted a journalist acting in his capacity as a member of the press?  Before, that is, the time when then-candidate Greg Gianforte body-slammed a reporter for asking a question, knocking him to the ground and breaking his glasses, and many Republican voters applauded him for it

Fox News reporter Alicia Acuna, who was at Gianforte's headquarters to interview the candidate and witnessed the incident, posted a full-length story on the channel's website saying Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck, “slammed” him to the ground and punched him.

Acuna wrote that "at no point did any of us who witnessed this assault see Jacobs show any form of physical aggression toward Gianforte."

(The congressman-elect has since pleaded guilty to assault in return for a no-jail-time sentence.) 

Anecdotal doesn't begin to paint the picture properly.

I checked the link, I saw only claims. But there is no data. So why am I again being quoted with no answers again?

We can all go bring up quantitative comparissons just for the hell of it but go ahead and do refute my point of this existing for a long time.

Because right now it's just he said she said thing.

iron_megalith said:
Final-Fan said:

I checked the link, I saw only claims. But there is no data. So why am I again being quoted with no answers again?

We can all go bring up quantitative comparissons just for the hell of it but go ahead and do refute my point of this existing for a long time.

"If you want something more objective, how about this:"
Please either pay more attention to what you are reading or stop willfully ignoring what I write. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
iron_megalith said:

"If you want something more objective, how about this:"
Please either pay more attention to what you are reading or stop willfully ignoring what I write. 

Ok. It's new because he's a member of congress right?

Alright I get you. That is indeed a more refined criteria to "prove" your point I guess.  

Disclaimer though. It's wikipedia. It's not all related to assault.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_journalists_killed_in_the_United_States

Also highly doubt this list is even substantially near to how many journalists have experienced violence or was killed. Because to actually do that, we have to do some real "research". By we it means the both of us. But I'm not going to such lengths because my claim is simple. Feel free to do so if you want to prove your point so bad.

Also this entails only to those who have died not those who have been threatened only nor was attacked/assaulted personally but survived.

But yeah. It didn't exist before right?

Here's something to humor your thought, if whistle blowers like Snowden can get threats by exposing things what makes you think media/journalists won't have those?