By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - CNN Producer: Russia Narrative "mostly bulls--t right now", is manufactured for ratings

PDF said:
I don't know why people are shocked CNN chooses to cover stories that gain ratings. Fox and MSNBC do the same. While it may seem ridiculous to cover one story so much especially when there is little new actual news it doesn't make it fake. CNN over-coverage of missing planes does not make the story fake.

I do no believe in Trump-Russia collusion in the 2016 election. I do worry about him seriously doing anything to protect our elections in 2018 or 2020. He barely recognizes Russia had anything to do with the elections at all. At what point is choosing to be ignorant to an actual problem that benefits him turn into a form of collusion

Did we watch the same video?

It came from the mouth of the horse itself.

I wouldn't say they're completely lying but they do come to a point where THEY ARE LYING.

Around the Network
iron_megalith said:
PDF said:
I don't know why people are shocked CNN chooses to cover stories that gain ratings. Fox and MSNBC do the same. While it may seem ridiculous to cover one story so much especially when there is little new actual news it doesn't make it fake. CNN over-coverage of missing planes does not make the story fake.

I do no believe in Trump-Russia collusion in the 2016 election. I do worry about him seriously doing anything to protect our elections in 2018 or 2020. He barely recognizes Russia had anything to do with the elections at all. At what point is choosing to be ignorant to an actual problem that benefits him turn into a form of collusion

I wouldn't say they're completely lying but they do come to a point where THEY ARE LYING.

The horse itself?  That guy, from what I got of the video, has had no involvement in the story and knows nothing more about the underlying facts than any viewer of CNN.  The only inside knowledge he had was secondhand gossip about "this is our new Malaysian plane story so go cover it to death".  That's not lying in my eyes if the people doing the story don't believe there's nothing to it.  This guy believes there's probably (but not certainly) nothing to it, but he's not involved in the story.  Please define what you mean by lying. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

iron_megalith said:
Nem said:

Are you so desensetised that you think theres nothing wrong with his tweet?

Why don't you try saying what he did to a female forum member and see what happens?

The difference is, here we have someone ensuring a minimum of decency. In american politics, not even that.

This image illustrates perfectly the point of my previous post. One side throws suspicion and the Trump supporters throw out factually false statements. What you are doing here is outright sad Gourmet.                                     

There's a difference between being informative and being sensationalist.

That tweet didn't fucking need 2 hours to drive the same point over and over.

Please have some sense into you or are you biting all this drama and think it's a necessity in your life?

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if you watch crappy reality tv drama like Maury or Jerry Springer. Trump said something petty, we know it. Move on.

Yes, i do think this is very important. The president of the USA is a danger to everyone around him, including the rest of the world.

I only know what jerry springer is, so i think you have me beaten on that.

Something very important and very dangerous is going on. The USA has a dangerous lunatic for a president. That is worth hours of debating. It is of the utmost importance for the whole world.

Final-Fan said:
iron_megalith said:

The horse itself?  That guy, from what I got of the video, has had no involvement in the story and knows nothing more about the underlying facts than any viewer of CNN.  The only inside knowledge he had was secondhand gossip about "this is our new Malaysian plane story so go cover it to death".  That's not lying in my eyes if the people doing the story don't believe there's nothing to it.  This guy believes there's probably (but not certainly) nothing to it, but he's not involved in the story.  Please define what you mean by lying. 

Oh so we discount the fact that they are doing sensationalist yellow journalism just because "some guy" who works at CNN holds a position doesn't seem to have direct contact with whoever is coming up with there stories.

Seems legit.

Nem said:
iron_megalith said:

There's a difference between being informative and being sensationalist.

That tweet didn't fucking need 2 hours to drive the same point over and over.

Please have some sense into you or are you biting all this drama and think it's a necessity in your life?

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if you watch crappy reality tv drama like Maury or Jerry Springer. Trump said something petty, we know it. Move on.

Yes, i do think this is very important. The president of the USA is a danger to everyone around him, including the rest of the world.

I only know what jerry springer is, so i think you have me beaten on that.

Something very important and very dangerous is going on. The USA has a dangerous lunatic for a president. That is worth hours of debating. It is of the utmost importance for the whole world.

Well goodluck to you then. I'm not one to lap up such crap. If you think that enabling certain scumbag media outlets for spouting so much nonsense in an already overflowing sea of uncertain information will help us all then I hope you make us proud.

Around the Network
iron_megalith said:
Final-Fan said:

Oh so we discount the fact that they are doing sensationalist yellow journalism just because "some guy" who works at CNN holds a position doesn't seem to have direct contact with whoever is coming up with there stories.

Seems legit.

I'm not saying it's good journalism.  What I'm saying is that it can be poor journalism without being lying, or even reporting anything untrue.  If all they do is sensationalize it and give it ten times as much coverage as it needs while ignoring other stories, that's still very bad, but it's not lying and it doesn't make the story false. 

You've ignored my request for you to define what you mean by "I'm not saying they are lying, but they are lying." 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Final-Fan said:
iron_megalith said:

Seems legit.

I'm not saying it's good journalism.  What I'm saying is that it can be poor journalism without being lying, or even reporting anything untrue.  If all they do is sensationalize it and give it ten times as much coverage as it needs while ignoring other stories, that's still very bad, but it's not lying and it doesn't make the story false. 

You've ignored my request for you to define what you mean by "I'm not saying they are lying, but they are lying." 

Wow. Way to put words in my mouth. Why not just quote me completely will you? There's a built in function for that or is it THAT hard to use?

Let me do that for you then.

iron_megalith said:

Notice the important word.
"COMPLETELY"
Or is basic comprehenssion not your forte?

Memes won't add anything to your argument. If you're trying to be funny go ahead. I'll simply ignore your post.

iron_megalith said:

Wow. Way to put words in my mouth. Why not just quote me completely will you? There's a built in function for that or is it THAT hard to use?

iron_megalith said:

"COMPLETELY"

Memes won't add anything to your argument. If you're trying to be funny go ahead. I'll simply ignore your post.

Okay.  Fine.  You have "corrected" me.  I ask my question a third time.  What do you mean by "lying"? and what the HECK do you mean by "completely lying"?  (such that it is different from merely "lying")

And lastly, what are all the parts you disagree with in my claims that (1)"it can be poor journalism without being lying, or even (2)reporting anything untrue" and "(3)If all they do is sensationalize it and give it ten times as much coverage as it needs while ignoring other stories, that's still very bad, but (4)it's not lying and (5)it doesn't make the story false"?

You have already been ignoring the arguments in my posts, which amounts to ignoring my posts.  Please either stop doing it, or stop pretending not to. 

Final-Fan said:
iron_megalith said:

"COMPLETELY"

Okay.  Fine.  You have "corrected" me.  I ask my question a third time.  What do you mean by "lying"? and what the HECK do you mean by "completely lying"?  (such that it is different from merely "lying")

And lastly, what are all the parts you disagree with in my claims that (1)"it can be poor journalism without being lying, or even (2)reporting anything untrue" and "(3)If all they do is sensationalize it and give it ten times as much coverage as it needs while ignoring other stories, that's still very bad, but (4)it's not lying and (5)it doesn't make the story false"?

You have already been ignoring the arguments in my posts, which amounts to ignoring my posts.  Please either stop doing it, or stop pretending not to. 

Yes I didn't answer all your arguments. Your post was terrible with little to no substance for this conversation You're asking questions that are making this argument totally redundant.

If you don't count their selective footage practice as lying then I don't know what to say anymore. I'm done with this argument as you bring nothing to the table.

iron_megalith said:

If you don't count their selective footage practice as lying then I don't know what to say anymore. I'm done with this argument as you bring nothing to the table.

I define a "lie" as being when a person presents as truth what they believe is a falsehood.  Leading someone to believe that something is true, without explicitly telling them that it is true, might be lying by that definition.  But that is not what the video evidence presented in the OP shows.  Giving an issue more coverage than it deserves is not lying by that definition.  Giving an issue not enough coverage is not lying by that definition.  Being a total partisan hack does not necessarily involve lying by that definition. 

HOW DO YOU DEFINE LYING, YOU OBSTRUCTIONIST FOOL?