By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - CNN Producer: Russia Narrative "mostly bulls--t right now", is manufactured for ratings

the-pi-guy said:
Gourmet said:

-Obama is not under investigation.  

-Trump said he was under investigation.  

-Putin isn't an American. 

Then why are we supposedly 'investigating' the Russian Government?

Around the Network
iron_megalith said:

Everyone knew this at this point. It's just that the mainstream media doesn't want to acknowledge it.

Take Forbes for example.

Oh and Wolf Blitzer is a fucking joke. 1-2 hour segment expanding on another dumb Trump tweet. Just merge with TMZ already for all I care.

Are you so desensetised that you think theres nothing wrong with his tweet?

Why don't you try saying what he did to a female forum member and see what happens?

The difference is, here we have someone ensuring a minimum of decency. In american politics, not even that.

Gourmet said:

This image illustrates perfectly the point of my previous post. One side throws suspicion and the Trump supporters throw out factually false statements. What you are doing here is outright sad Gourmet.

StarOcean said:
I don't care if its real or not. I want the hate to continue. I want it to be full on rage. Because Trump is obsessed with it, and that's horrible for anyones mental health. Especially with a position as the President and at his age. If this continues the fat whale will have a heart attack. That or maybe the hate will inspire someone to kill him. How factual it is isn't the point. Trump's loyal cocksuckers wouldn't believe the truth if it bitch-slapped them anyway, nor would he. So him dying is really the only thing that matters. However, the longer it makes him suffer, the better. So if the hate the news is spewing is what it takes to make that come true, then by all means, let the hate flood more than it has

Youre much worse than Trump.

Nem said:

Gourmet said:

This image illustrates perfectly the point of my previous post. One side throws suspicion and the Trump supporters throw out factually false statements. What you are doing here is outright sad Gourmet.

Actually, your argument illustrates perfectly what's wrong with politics and political discussion in America as a whole . One sides shifts blame; the other side deflects to a different topic and places blame; the now blamed side deflects as well. Repeat ad nauseum and congratulations, you're a political puppet.

Maybe instead of only worrying about what the lesser of two evils are, maybe make an effort to stop picking evil people. It all starts with us. We can make Bernie2020 happen.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

I almost didn't vote for Trump, but I'm so glad I did. People are starting to think for themselves and not be sheep to 1984 style media. Fox News is just as bad as any left wing media, and I just want them all to fail. But mostly I want the social Marxist far left to go away. I remember when Elliot Rodger's favorite news channel got like zero dislikes...seeing TYT get lots of dislikes on YouTube makes me happy lol

Around the Network
Tulipanzo said:
irstupid said:

If you read more post, you would know that someone else also said basically the same thing as this health guy. Someone who is a normal big time speaker on CNN.

Also they just fired 3 people for writing an article about one of Trumps guys and Russia, and at least 2 of them were pulitzer prize winners.

This all in the last week.

So say what you will about Trump, but CNN is definately not a network you should be defending right now.

I struggle to find how reading more of this thread wouldn't be a waste of time, at least if your post is at all representative of what I can expect.

First, someone [...] who is a normal big time speaker on CNN, is appearently so famous that he/she isn't mentioned by the OP or by you, right now.
However, I should trust you that it's really bad, because producers/speaker are the one that invent the news. I didn't know that.

Second, you talk about three people that were fired (they resigned, but who cares about context), at least two of which (one, oops) were Pulitzer winner.
Now, ignoring the factual errors in your post about journalistic integrity, you also fail to mention that CNN issued a public apology to Scaramucci (because I know how to Google things, thank you very much) saying it didn't meet their editorial standards. An apology he accepted, saying "they did the right thing".
At this stage nobody but the biggest cretins on the web, so obviously that includes Trump, are even criticizing them for it. 

So, your argument boils down to: CNN publishes fake news, and we know this because they said an article didn't meet their standard and they got rid of the journalists involved. Them admitting their fault publicly and apologizing shows they can't be trusted.  Also someone else that was important did a bad thing.

Now, I don't get my news coverage from CNN, but I see what's going on.
You're trying to use a company operating the way it should, by issuing apologies and by hiring people that don't agree with everything on the channel, to try and defend your incompetent failure of a president from something he isn't capable of handling: criticism in general, questioning on Russia in particular. 
There is a solid basis for criticism of mainstream media, but I won't let mine be co-opted by your quest to look less shit.

P.S. I'm humbled that on a thread which has devolved into Trump propaganda and antisemitism appearently I'm priority number one for you.

1. I don't watch CNN, so don't know names.  Hell I don't know any newsperson's name. I figure as soon as you know someone's name they are too famous and thus can hardly be trusted. But it was some black guy who speaks during their normal main hours. Someone who speaks on tv about Trump. A newscaster, not some CNN health guy. So say what you want about the relevance of a random CNN health guys opinion about Trump, but this guys opinion is what we see on TV.

2. All I saw was some video that said 2 of them were. If it was wrong, then so be it. Point is, my pulitzer prize winners knowledge goes as deep as Lois Lane. I'm under the impression that this is a prestigous award that should be given to only those that are of great skill and ethics. For one to resign (resign in this situation is the same as firing. It's like Nixon stepping down.) starts to give that award less meaning. It's like Obama winning the peace price before he even stepped into office, or was it like a month in. Either way, it demeans the accomplishment/award.

3. My argument is nothing about fake news. It's about CNN jumping hte gun and publishing click bait articles to get raitings. No apoligy or retraction can fix that. This is not some youtuber. This is supposed to be a national news station that is held to a higher degree. People of the highest caliber of education and skill shoudl be working here and trying to let the rest of the united stated or even world know of the news. Not some propoganda bullshit and hit peice or ratings grab. Whether its an error or fake news, neither shoudl happen. They need to do their homeworkd better. YOu don't write an article accusing the president of the united states of treason unless you have concrete proof. (yes this wasn't about trump directly, but indirectly. And as someone said, the top 7 stories on CNN today were about 1 trump tweet today. That is not the type of calliber I woudl excpect from a national news station. Anchorman 2 summed up our news stations perfectly.

the-pi-guy said:
irstupid said:

What does that prove.

All it shows to me is that approval ratings are taken the same way the pre-vote polling was done. They sat in their New York, LA and so on districts and polled peopel there. Compeltely leaving out majority of the country. 

And quit saying Majority dont' like trump and majority like Hilary or some shit. DIdn't less than half elegibel voters vote. Don't matter who won, I woudl take it that most people hate the winner when we are talking what 24-25% of people voted for that canidate. 

I literally never said the bold.   

His approval ratings are far below any previous president, including either Bush, Obama and several others.  That's not fake news. 

His approval ratings are irrelevant. If our founders wanted a straight majority they wouldn't have spent the time making the electoral college. It's actually exactly in place for the exact reason he won. A few huge cities shouldn't determine the fate of the country on their whim. Hillary lost and that's if there wasn't voter fraud. Democrats did it in their own primaries so why wouldn't they do it in general elections. Also, a Stanford study estimated that 800,000 illegals votes. That's a start. Not to mention all the steeple who are brainwashed with lies and hate that Trump or act as any republican for that matter isn't a human.

You have drug addicted celebrities telling them this who never worked hard in their lives or ran a business. I could go on and on, but stupid actors and musicians shiouldn't have so much social power. Then there;s the fact the left is better at lying, both sides lie, but the left lie with malicious intent on all fronts. It's good to see America won and the left got their just desserts. I expect a 2020 victory, too. Trump saved my faith in the GOP and politics in general. He's in no way as extreme as people say and his entire platform isn't extreme either. I'm mixed racial and I do not see how a wall or actual immigration policies makes someone xenophobic. A few years prior the left tells American white middle class not to have children due to overpopulation, but you do the math in any first world white nation and they aren't having enough kids to sustain their population. I', only part white and physically brown so I don't really cared about this race bs, but I know it's a major tension point for hate. Trump doesn't care about race. His policies relating to immigration are smart and make America a better place to live in for any sane individual. the far left have p9ulled any normally sane left people to the fringes. Only a few Bernie supporters were tolerable to talk to...most are worse than Hillary supporters, but I found zero Hillary supporters who I could talk to without crazy contradictions. Such as Trump is going to start ww3 with Russia, Trump works with Putin. As for Flynn he could be an honest person who's actions were overblown by media or he could be a double agent for Russia or even Obama and the democrats he started with and was registered as. He needed to go due to the inconsistencies in his past. So I don't blame Trump for that. Edit' I know this rant formatting sucks but I'm pretty bad at typing on my phone so sorry for that.

teamsilent13 said:
the-pi-guy said:

I literally never said the bold.   

His approval ratings are far below any previous president, including either Bush, Obama and several others.  That's not fake news. 

His approval ratings are irrelevant. If our founders wanted a straight majority they wouldn't have spent the time making the electoral college. No, it's actually exactly in place for the exact reason he won. A few huge cities shouldn't determine the fate of the country on their whim. Hillary lost and that's if there wasn't voter fraud. Democrats did it in their own primaries so why wouldn't they do it in general elections. Also, a Stanford study estimated that 800,000 illegals votes. That's a start. Not to mention all the steeple who are brainwashed with lies and hate that Trump or act as any republican for that matter isn't a human. You have drug addicted celebrities telling them this who never worked hard in their lives or ran a business. I could go on and on, but my only complaints with capitalism is how arts get so much more damn money then they deserve. Then there;s the fact the left is better at lying, both sides lie, but the left lie with malicious intent on all fronts. It's good to see America won and the left got their just desserts. I expect a 2020 victory, too. Trump saved my faith in the GOP and politics in general. He's in no way as extreme as people say and his entire platform isn't extreme either. I'm mixed racial and I do not see how a wall or actual immigration policies makes someone xenophobic. A few years prior the left tells American white middle class not to have children due to overpopulation, but you do the math in any first world white nation and they aren't having enough kids to sustain their population. I', only part white and physically brown so I don't really cared about this race bs, but I know it's a major tension point for hate. Trump doesn't care about race. His policies relating to immigration are smart and make America a better place to live in for any sane individual. the far left have p9ulled any normally sane left people to the fringes. Only a few Bernie supporters were tolerable to talk to...most are worse than Hillary supporters, but I found zero Hillary supporters who I could talk to without crazy contradictions. Such as Trump is going to start ww3 with Russia, Trump works with Putin. As for Flynn he could be an honest person who's actions were overblown by media or he could be a double agent for Russia or even Obama and the democrats he started with and was registered as. He needed to go due to the inconsistencies in his past. So I don't blame Trump for that. Edit' I know this rant formatting sucks but I'm pretty bad at typing on my phone so sorry for that.

I'd like a reference for the stanford study as google is not giving me anything similar to what you've stated.

Torillian said:
teamsilent13 said:

His approval ratings are irrelevant. If our founders wanted a straight majority they wouldn't have spent the time making the electoral college. No, it's actually exactly in place for the exact reason he won. A few huge cities shouldn't determine the fate of the country on their whim. Hillary lost and that's if there wasn't voter fraud. Democrats did it in their own primaries so why wouldn't they do it in general elections. Also, a Stanford study estimated that 800,000 illegals votes. That's a start. Not to mention all the steeple who are brainwashed with lies and hate that Trump or act as any republican for that matter isn't a human. You have drug addicted celebrities telling them this who never worked hard in their lives or ran a business. I could go on and on, but my only complaints with capitalism is how arts get so much more damn money then they deserve. Then there;s the fact the left is better at lying, both sides lie, but the left lie with malicious intent on all fronts. It's good to see America won and the left got their just desserts. I expect a 2020 victory, too. Trump saved my faith in the GOP and politics in general. He's in no way as extreme as people say and his entire platform isn't extreme either. I'm mixed racial and I do not see how a wall or actual immigration policies makes someone xenophobic. A few years prior the left tells American white middle class not to have children due to overpopulation, but you do the math in any first world white nation and they aren't having enough kids to sustain their population. I', only part white and physically brown so I don't really cared about this race bs, but I know it's a major tension point for hate. Trump doesn't care about race. His policies relating to immigration are smart and make America a better place to live in for any sane individual. the far left have p9ulled any normally sane left people to the fringes. Only a few Bernie supporters were tolerable to talk to...most are worse than Hillary supporters, but I found zero Hillary supporters who I could talk to without crazy contradictions. Such as Trump is going to start ww3 with Russia, Trump works with Putin. As for Flynn he could be an honest person who's actions were overblown by media or he could be a double agent for Russia or even Obama and the democrats he started with and was registered as. He needed to go due to the inconsistencies in his past. So I don't blame Trump for that. Edit' I know this rant formatting sucks but I'm pretty bad at typing on my phone so sorry for that.

I'd like a reference for the stanford study as google is not giving me anything similar to what you've stated.

Will try when I get to my pc because it's somewhere amongst several hundred or thousands bookmarks. It wasn't from this election though, I believe the prior primaries...but I remember seeing the study itself linked and seemed legit. I found through google old dominion university study 800,000 number but I remember specifically Stanford...perhaps they did a peer review will have to find it...won't be real quick if I find it most likely tomorrow or will update if I don;t. 

teamsilent13 said:
Torillian said:

Will try when I get to my pc because it's somewhere amongst several hundred or thousands bookmarks. It wasn't from this election though, I believe the prior primaries...but I remember seeing the study itself linked and seemed legit. I found through google old dominion university study 800,000 number but I remember specifically Stanford...perhaps they did a peer review will have to find it...won't be real quick if I find it most likely tomorrow or will update if I don;t. 

Sounds good, all I found as well was the old dominion university study which was then extrapolated to 2016 to give an estimate of 800,000. I'll be interested to hear if you find anything more substantial.