By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super NES Classic Edition doesn’t come with an AC adapter in Europe

BraLoD said:
V-r0cK said:

Agreed.  This is stupid.

Well, people told it runs on the USB it comes to too, so it's not actually non-functional as I said.
Though it having an AC adapter and not coming with one, which is normal for Nintendo apparently, is pretty ridiculous.

Well as long as it comes with some sort of power source you can use then that should be fine.  Guess i missed that part :/

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
V-r0cK said:

Agreed.  This is stupid.

Well, people told it runs on the USB it comes to too, so it's not actually non-functional as I said.
Though it having an AC adapter and not coming with one, which is normal for Nintendo apparently, is pretty ridiculous.

It is actually non-functional though.  It require that you own or purchase another item to power it.  The USB cord is only good if you have a TV that has a USB on it, or an adapter from a cell phone.  There is no way with just the items in the box and no additional item of some kind to power the device.

I wonder why this is only the case in Europe, though? Why would NoE not have it while NoA does?

VGPolyglot said:
I wonder why this is only the case in Europe, though? Why would NoE not have it while NoA does?

Aren't Japanese and North American electrical sockets pretty similar? Maybe its to cut costs from having to manufacture a separate plug type. That's the only reason I can think of off the top of my head.

RavenXtra said:
VGPolyglot said:

Aren't Japanese and North American electrical sockets pretty similar? Maybe its to cut costs from having to manufacture a separate plug type. That's the only reason I can think of off the top of my head.

Yeah, they're both NTSC, but the thing is, they're making separate looking consoles any way, so it seems like that wouldn't be much of an issue.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
VGPolyglot said:

A sweet revenge cuz you're getting the Super Famicom version ? :3

I was confused by your post at first, as I actually live in North America, not Europe!

Mar1217 said:
VGPolyglot said:

I was confused by your post at first, as I actually live in North America, not Europe!

Woups ! Reading your post again .... I thought it implied that you are european xD My bad.

No, it was more confusion than anger