By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter XX runs at 30 FPS on Switch

i think its because of cross-play.

Some of the first hands-on events were held for the new Switch version of Monster Hunter XX this weekend. The game was playable at the Monster Hunter Summit Tournament at Big Sight in Tokyo.

Monster Hunter expert Gaijinhunter tried out the demo, and reports that Monster Hunter XX is 30 frames per second on Switch. This was most likely to be expected. When it was originally on 3DS, Monster Hunter XX was also at 30 frames per second, and cross-play between the two versions will be supported.

Monster Hunter XX launches for Switch in Japan on August 25. Capcom has not announced localization of the game at this time.

Source

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

I just want it to be locked. Make it rock solid and I won't complain

It's funny, I could swear I read it was 60fps... xD Anyway, yeah, it should be locked 30fps due to cross play or something else.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Not surprising. Once crossplay was announced, I assumed this would be the case.

Cross-play wouldn't limit frame rate when we take a look at the vast majority of MMO titles on consoles that support cross-play with PC like World of Tanks, War Thunder, DC Universe Online, Final Fantasy XI/XIV and other multiplayer titles such as Gears of war 4, Forza Horizon 3 ... (PC gets to run at 60FPS but consoles are 30FPS)

I assume sticking with 30FPS is just their decision for whatever or no reason at all ...

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:

Cross-play wouldn't limit frame rate when we take a look at the vast majority of MMO titles on consoles that support cross-play with PC like World of Tanks, War Thunder, DC Universe Online, Final Fantasy XI/XIV and other multiplayer titles such as Gears of war 4, Forza Horizon 3 ... (PC gets to run at 60FPS but consoles are 30FPS)

I assume sticking with 30FPS is just their decision for whatever or no reason at all ...

Then the PC players have an advantage. Especially in games like Gears and Forza. 

Darc Requiem said:
fatslob-:O said:

Then the PC players have an advantage. Especially in games like Gears and Forza. 

With Forza, yeah. Pc players have a mouse and keyboard with gears. They're both 60fps.

Whatever makes you sleep better at night. Crossplay, lol.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Don't care...only cares if its a solid framerate.

With everything btw not only this game.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

xl-klaudkil said:
Don't care...only cares if its a solid framerate.

With everything btw not only this game.

How about a solid 12fps?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.