By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: More talk of a SNES Mini coming this year

Nintendo will send enough snes mini to stores?

Of Course! Nintendo never... 5 7.46%

Maybe 11 16.42%

HAha..HA...ha.. NO! 48 71.64%

See the Results 3 4.48%

Total:67

They better go with the PAL and Japanese design not the shitty American one.

Around the Network

I don't think it's true. I doubt Nintendo would end the NES mini so they came make a Mini of a console that sold worse. The NES mini only came out because Nintendo didn't have anything for Holiday 2016. The focus is clearly Switch and I doubt Nintendo would manufacture this product when they could manufacture Switch units (which is exactly what shareholders and customers will say).

Also, every rumor about Nintendo themselves has been wrong. I don't see this happening.

Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life

The actual tech inside the box will probably be the exact same as the NES Mini just in a different case and with a different set of ROMs. It's more than strong enough, it's actually stronger than the 3DS or Wii.

I don't like this rumor because I would prefer NES classic part 2

Despite that I would like a SNES mini. However I am pretty sure only like 2 will be made so I probably won't get one.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I can def see a follow up happening with a SNES mini. The NES one was quite a success, so Ninten could make a profit from a SNES one as well. Though, perhaps they don't need another holiday item now that the Switch is out.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Yeah I don't feel too bad about missing the nes mini but I'll fight someone over a SNES. I have to get one of these

Considering that apparently they couldn't even make Switches and NES Mini's at the same time, and Switch still can't meet demand, seems unlikely they would start making another Mini console until they get Switch supply matching demand. I'm guessing they're gonna have to be using every manufacturing space they've got to build up enough supply of the Switch for the holidays. The unavailability of the Switch these first few months has been bad, but if they ran out of Switches for the holidays that would be disastrous.

They should re-release the NES Mini and actually make enough of them, like 5-10 million of them. And I'm sure we'll get a SNES Mini at some point too, but it would be so stupid to shutdown NES Mini production earlier this year only to bring out another Mini console later in the year.

Considering the NES Mini and Switch stock fiasco I'm sure they'll have their hands full getting enough Switch, 3DS and new 2DS to store shelves for the holidays.

Slownenberg said:
Considering that apparently they couldn't even make Switches and NES Mini's at the same time, and Switch still can't meet demand, seems unlikely they would start making another Mini console until they get Switch supply matching demand. I'm guessing they're gonna have to be using every manufacturing space they've got to build up enough supply of the Switch for the holidays. The unavailability of the Switch these first few months has been bad, but if they ran out of Switches for the holidays that would be disastrous.

Let me introduce you to the world of contract manufacturing.  Many companies such as Nintendo don't produce or manufacture their products themselves.  They employ contract manufactures like Foxconn, Flex, and Jabil to make the units for them.  So this whole running out of manufacturing capacity or having to focus on one product is complete bullshit.  They could easily tell Foxconn to make 10 million units right now.  Sure the labor and time to manufacture that might take a few months to ramp up production but it can be done.  That is why the whole Reggie line "we have to focus on Switch and 3DS" is complete utter lie. 

I just walked into a giant elecronics store one day before release, asked an employee of they have an NES Mini, he got it for me from the storage, I paid 60 bucks for it and went home.

I'll do the same this time. Even though I'm already playing SNES games on the NES Mini thanks to hakchi. I just hope we will get the good old european version in mini size here, because that american console looks ugly as fuck! =P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OdinHades said:
I just hope we will get the good old european version in mini size here, because that american console looks ugly as fuck! =P

Agreed, the NA SNES looks hideous, while the PAL/JP version looks awesome.