By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Where is Retro Studios?

There last game released February 2014, and they haven't even hinted their next project yet. Usually, their devloppement cycle is around 3 years, with coproductions inbetween. Considering that we can't expect them to announce anything big shortly after E3, and that they wouldn't announce their big project less than half a year before release (I would have expected at least a year...), this will be by far the longest time we haven't seen anything of them.

What are they doing?

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Around the Network

Austin, Texas USA

ktay95 said:
Austin, Texas USA

Are you kidding me? We were literally just there for 6 days on a trip. If I had known I would have gone to there building.

I live near Austin myself. Personally I would love to be a tester for them or hell I'd even clean their toilets.

Designing more mechs for Federation Force 2

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Dulfite said:

Are you kidding me? We were literally just there for 6 days on a trip. If I had known I would have gone to there building.

Admit it, you were going to spy them at their window to see the next game in developement, you spoiler !!

Actually I was thinking I'd walk up to them and straight up ask them lol

palou said:

Usually, their devloppement cycle is less than 3 years

Metroid Prime 3-Aug 2007

DKC Returns-Nov 2010

DKC Tropical Freeze-Feb 2014

Thats over 3 years between each game.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Ka-pi96 said:
ktay95 said:
Austin, Texas USA

ugh, you stole my joke!

I was just going to say that.

sethnintendo said:
I live near Austin myself. Personally I would love to be a tester for them or hell I'd even clean their toilets.

Didn't used to when I joined this site many years ago, but I live ahour an hour north of Austin now and work in Round Rock. I've been wanting to visit Retro for some time now just to have been there.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Ka-pi96 said:
Dulfite said:

What would you do there though? I mean, random guy just walking in to an office building and walking around just sounds like a way to get the cops called on you

At least it would get me away from all the harassing planned parenthood people found around Austin.