By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best new IP this generation?

?

Bloodborne 220 16.58%

Nioh 23 1.73%

Until Dawn 20 1.51%

Splatoon 407 30.67%

Horizon Zero Dawn 476 35.87%

The Wonderful 101 24 1.81%

Arms 23 1.73%

Watch Dogs 10 0.75%

Sunset Overdrive 35 2.64%

Other 89 6.71%

Total:1,327

Splatoon for me. It just felt right, especially after seeing (and playing some) so many shooters that felt or looked too similar to each other. While I enjoyed a few like CoD 4, Black Ops, and Battlefield Bad Company 2, I mostly played the campaigns Since I felt intimidated by the multiplayer stories. Titanfall might look fun but I didn't care too much about it since it didn't look like it differentiated too much from others outside of the Titans, which looked cool. Same with Evolve, Battlefield, CoD, etc. Granted I'm not great with shooters so I guess the games out there didn't help me get invested.

With Splatoon, though, I felt welcomed. The design sparked positive vibes and the world was interesting. And the gameplay was and still is so addicting. The music is awesome to listen to, even songs from Callie and Marie. Some didn't like lack of voice chat, but I didn't care since I didn't play online with friends and I was able to communicate through the game pad, seeing how the territory was progressing with ink and where my teammates are. The campaign was fun and underrated. I felt like I could really play online in Splatoon because I didn't have to rely on killing in order to succeed. Covering territory with turf could be all I'll do and it'll be more than beneficial. I remember getting no kills but having my team won anyway because I helped cover turf. Plus the community, the updates, and the Splatfests kept me engaged overtime even if I was a little late to the Splatoon party. And to see where it's at now with Callie and Marie concerts, various merchandise, the success story it was, especially in Japan where home consoles are not where they used to be, and it's highly anticipated sequel showing even greater potential, I like where Splatoon is going.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Splatoon. Horizon Zero Dawn is just a copy of Breath of The Wild.

Jesus, this  forum just keeps getting better

Bloodborned, just cause it's the only game of that list that i've played and I truly do love the aesthetics of it

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I'm playing Splatoon everyday even now.

fathinos said:
I was going to vote for Bloodborne but Horizon deserves it more since Bloodborne, even though it is a masterpiece, is another soul game while horizon is completely new IP from a studio that is known for completely different genres

100% agree with that. Despite Bloodborne is an awesome game, it doesnt feel to me as a new IP. Just a little. Mostly its another souls game in more mad world controlling different type of character.

Around the Network
antigin said:
fathinos said:
I was going to vote for Bloodborne but Horizon deserves it more since Bloodborne, even though it is a masterpiece, is another soul game while horizon is completely new IP from a studio that is known for completely different genres

100% agree with that. Despite Bloodborne is an awesome game, it doesnt feel to me as a new IP. Just a little. Mostly its another souls game in more mad world controlling different type of character.

That's like saying Elder scrolls is just Fallout in a medievil setting...

Ka-pi96 said:
Dying Light for me. Still the best game I've played this gen!

Dying Light as best new zombie IP this gen, hells yeah!.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Ori. By far!

0815user said:
No mans sky

+1

Splatoon, Overwatch & Hearthstone.