By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Adblock is your friend.

Around the Network

Adguard. Covers both Windows and Android with a single license. I repeatedly appealed to the Admins during times when I was getting auto redirected to inappropriate sites when launching the site, getting full page ads that blocked the whole page, ads that stopped the page scrolling properly, made the page continuously jump up and down.

I was roundly ignored every time.

I'm not risking the security of data on my devices.

Well at least you can still read it.

Regarding phones, I have an ad-blocking browser I downloaded especially for VGC that works fine, while I just use Safari for everything else lol. On my PC, Firefox I guess blocks most things, because it never gets as bad as some are saying.

On my PC I'm using Adblock Plus. On my Android phone, Firefox with Adblock. I know ads are what provides income to sites, but most places abuse it, so I don't give a damn anymore.

While I love VGC, this site unfortunately is an example of the biggest offenders possible, it absolutely deserves to get adblocked.

S.Peelman said:

Regarding phones, I have an ad-blocking browser I downloaded especially for VGC that works fine, while I just use Safari for everything else lol. On my PC, Firefox I guess blocks most things, because it never gets as bad as some are saying.

I disabled flash player autorun on Firefox because of this site. It was slowing down my 2.4ghz i7-4700mq so much it became impossible to scroll down. I frequently got this program is not responding warnings. Most adds don't use it anymore yet I still get black square adds now and then.

Around the Network

The VGChartz buddy no longer fits in my browser for some reason. It's haywire there.

SvennoJ said:
S.Peelman said:

I disabled flash player autorun on Firefox because of this site. It was slowing down my 2.4ghz i7-4700mq so much it became impossible to scroll down. I frequently got this program is not responding warnings. Most adds don't use it anymore yet I still get black square adds now and then.

Yeah I don't even know what I... Apparently I have "Block pop-up windows" and "Block dangerous content", whatever that is, checked. Not even Cookies though, which I thought I had turned off.

I stopped trying to connect to VG with mobile. The experience is just that bad I cannot be bother having ads pop up for each link I click or thread.

AdBlock is your best friend on this site. I hardly use the mobile version of it because of the ads.

Yeah I cannot use my phone to access this site anymore. Everytime it takes to another page that will not let me exit that says a virus is detected. Not a great welcome.