By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Valkyria revolution looks very disappointing...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TWaldyiuUVY

So am I the only one that thinks this game is disappointing?  I'm sure I am not as the first game was one of the most talked about titles on this forum and nobody at all is talking about this game even though it comes out in a few days.  Valkyria has been one of the worst managed franchises I have seen in recent years.  With every entry Sega takes a little bit away from what made the original special and now we have revolution... it isn't even a strategy game anymore!  Am I the only one that feels this way?

Around the Network

I though they mentioned at some point that Valkyria Revolution is intended to be a separate entity from the chronicles one, with very different gameplay style.

the fact that Revolution is in an alternate universe makes me happy that it doesn't have anything to do with Chronicles (the better game).

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

THe term "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" comes to mind when this game gets mentioned. They've completely messed with a gameplay formula that everybody who played this game loved, it made it a massive fan favourite, and they changed it. I don't know what it is with Japanese developers but they really seem to NOT listen to fans. They've possibly destroyed a franchise that had massive potential to do well.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

I played the demo months ago and i was so dissapointed i lost all interest i ever had in the game... such a shame.

Around the Network
Darashiva said:
I though they mentioned at some point that Valkyria Revolution is intended to be a separate entity from the chronicles one, with very different gameplay style.

This is true and people should keep in mind that Revolution and Chronicles are different things imagine Revolution as a spinoff or something along those lines, that being said Revolution is still a dissapointment and its up there with Nights of Azure as the 2 only JRPGs that dissapointed me this generation.

I played it I wanted to love it. I walked away loathing it. It's bad. It's REAL bad. Like REALLY REALLY bad. Look I was looking forward to a ARPG of a SRPG I liked a lot. It's just flat out terrible and hard to put into words but all I can say is...everything about it is awful even the music.

It plays too diferent from chronicles for my liking, even if it's a spinoff they shouldn't have changed it so drastically.

BraLoD said:

But Valkyria Chronicles was broken.

How exactly was it broken?

Haven't look for it yet. Is it actually that bad? Or you just say that because it's too different from the Chronicles?

A handheld gamer only (for now).