By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Valkyria revolution looks very disappointing...

Neoarc said:

I would love to get some indepth details why this game is bad without bringing Chronicles into it, reason why I'm asking bis because I'm going to buy one by the end of next week.

Well, I played the demo and think that it is at least as disappointing as it looks. It's a very generic Action RPG with no interest whatsoever, the demo is a really messy button smasher : you will find tens or hundreds of games just like it, that you will play and forget as soon as you close it.

Around the Network
Faelco said:
Neoarc said:

I would love to get some indepth details why this game is bad without bringing Chronicles into it, reason why I'm asking bis because I'm going to buy one by the end of next week.

Well, I played the demo and think that it is at least as disappointing as it looks. It's a very generic Action RPG with no interest whatsoever, the demo is a really messy button smasher : you will find tens or hundreds of games just like it, that you will play and forget as soon as you close it.

Is the AI dull?

Darashiva said:
I though they mentioned at some point that Valkyria Revolution is intended to be a separate entity from the chronicles one, with very different gameplay style.

That is exactly what they said, but yet what do we have in this thread? Why are you disappointed with Revolution on the basis of it not being Chronices ... When it was actively marketed as not being Chronicles? You know why I'm not interested? Because it looks stupid.

Bringing a Sword to gun fight has never been as relevant in a unsarcastic way as it is with this game. 

their mistakes was to get rid of the tactical gameplay and make classic

It looks better than most other RPGs

Around the Network

Less thinking is fine by me. So a PSO/Chronicles hybrid maybe? I hope it plays like a movie. Mash the buttons for a few minutes and then watch movie. Movie games is the new trend.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

This game kind of fell off my radar, I still have yet to finish the PS4 remaster so I'm not even sure if I'll buy this.

This says it all. It's not a Valkyria game, it's a generic Action JRPG now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpMghnE2SYU

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

taus90 said:
if this was a nintendo exclusive, the score on metacritic would have been 99.

estebxx said:
Darashiva said:
I though they mentioned at some point that Valkyria Revolution is intended to be a separate entity from the chronicles one, with very different gameplay style.

This is true and people should keep in mind that Revolution and Chronicles are different things imagine Revolution as a spinoff or something along those lines, that being said Revolution is still a dissapointment and its up there with Nights of Azure as the 2 only JRPGs that dissapointed me this generation.

You played  omega quintet  or atelier  sophie? 

My2 biggest dissepointment this gen.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

xl-klaudkil said:
taus90 said:
if this was a nintendo exclusive, the score on metacritic would have been 99.

estebxx said:

This is true and people should keep in mind that Revolution and Chronicles are different things imagine Revolution as a spinoff or something along those lines, that being said Revolution is still a dissapointment and its up there with Nights of Azure as the 2 only JRPGs that dissapointed me this generation.

You played  omega quintet  or atelier  sophie? 

My2 biggest dissepointment this gen.

I havent played either of those games, i kind of want too but truth be told there are so many must play games out right now that i know i will never get to them.