Forums - Sony Discussion - Naughty Dog 'highly doubts' Lost Legacy is last Uncharted - LoU2 progressing slowly

vivster said:
Oh god please no. Please use your talents for an interesting IP. I mean TLOU worked out great.

This. Personally I wish it would have ended at 4. I know people think Sony is the be all end all of exclusives but I think similarly to Xbox exclusives, their series just don't adapt well over time like Nintendo's. I'm already quite tired of Uncharted. 

Around the Network

Give me a sequel series where you play as Cassie please!!!

spemanig said:
Ka-pi96 said:

In that case... does anyone have artistic integrity?

Seriously, has any big franchise ever stopped, especially shortly after what could well have been their most succesful release. Typically big franchises like that continue forever or until they are run in to the ground...

Yeah. Literally every popular game, movie, story that still doesn't have a sequel. Where's 1985? Where's The Road 2? Where's Perfect Red? Where's Shadow of the Colossus 2? Come on.

Considering how few of them I've heard of and that you included Shadow of the Colossus, I'd assume they were all cult popular, rather than real popular. And thus it didn't really make financial sense to make a sequel.

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

One thing we can all agree on is that there is no multiplayer like Uncharted's.

Ka-pi96 said:
spemanig said:

Yeah. Literally every popular game, movie, story that still doesn't have a sequel. Where's 1985? Where's The Road 2? Where's Perfect Red? Where's Shadow of the Colossus 2? Come on.

Considering how few of them I've heard of and that you included Shadow of the Colossus, I'd assume they were all cult popular, rather than real popular. And thus it didn't really make financial sense to make a sequel.

With Shadow of the Colossus, it doesn't matter as it'll be impossible to make a sequel to that game.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Ka-pi96 said:

With Shadow of the Colossus, it doesn't matter as it'll be impossible to make a sequel to that game.

There's plenty of times where it shouldn't have been possible for a sequel, but they retconned something to make it possible. There's also the prequel route, or of course the different world/characters but with shared elements and references to each other (a la Final Fantasy).

I'd bet that if it had been a hugely popular game selling 10m or something that the franchise would have got some kind of continuation, whether it be a direct sequel or something else.

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

celador said:

The Last of Us [project] is working but at a lot slower pace right now. The entire team is on Lost Legacy - that's a couple hundred of us strong.

Yup, crossgen. Late 2019 at the earliest.

Ka-pi96 said:
Lawlight said:

There's plenty of times where it shouldn't have been possible for a sequel, but they retconned something to make it possible. There's also the prequel route, or of course the different world/characters but with shared elements and references to each other (a la Final Fantasy).

I'd bet that if it had been a hugely popular game selling 10m or something that the franchise would have got some kind of continuation, whether it be a direct sequel or something else.

No, I mean it's physically impossible to make a sequel to it. The game is lightning in a bottle. Ueda is semi-retired so it can't really be done.

Lawlight said:
Ka-pi96 said:

No, I mean it's physically impossible to make a sequel to it. The game is lightning in a bottle. Ueda is semi-retired so it can't really be done.

Seems you have a different definition of impossible to me. I define it as "can't be done", while you seem to define it as "can't be done in the way that I'd want it to be done"...

Dunno who ueda is, but it really doesn't matter, anybody is replaceable. Fans may not like it as much, but that's never stopped big franchises continuing beyond their creators before...

Qwark said:
From ND prior saying this is probably thelast Uncharted towards there will probably be a new Uncharted in less than a year. Such consistency ;)

Yeah, I think Uncharted will continue... but under a different studio. Maybe that's why they are saying this. I also think TLoU won't go much further either, their next game will definitely be a new IP, and I'm already curious for it. I hope it has a different and cool setting, like TLoU had (very different from Uncharted at least).

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won