By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Naughty Dog 'highly doubts' Lost Legacy is last Uncharted - LoU2 progressing slowly

I predict After TLOU2, ND will make a new IP. Bruce Straley is on sabbatical, and I suspect when he returns he will do so with a new IP. You heard it here first.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
spemanig said:

Artistic integrity?

In that case... does anyone have artistic integrity?

Seriously, has any big franchise ever stopped, especially shortly after what could well have been their most succesful release. Typically big franchises like that continue forever or until they are run in to the ground...

Yeah. Literally every popular game, movie, story that still doesn't have a sequel. Where's 1985? Where's The Road 2? Where's Perfect Red? Where's Shadow of the Colossus 2? Come on.

vivster said:
Oh god please no. Please use your talents for an interesting IP. I mean TLOU worked out great.

This. Personally I wish it would have ended at 4. I know people think Sony is the be all end all of exclusives but I think similarly to Xbox exclusives, their series just don't adapt well over time like Nintendo's. I'm already quite tired of Uncharted. 

One thing we can all agree on is that there is no multiplayer like Uncharted's.

Ka-pi96 said:
spemanig said:

Yeah. Literally every popular game, movie, story that still doesn't have a sequel. Where's 1985? Where's The Road 2? Where's Perfect Red? Where's Shadow of the Colossus 2? Come on.

Considering how few of them I've heard of and that you included Shadow of the Colossus, I'd assume they were all cult popular, rather than real popular. And thus it didn't really make financial sense to make a sequel.

With Shadow of the Colossus, it doesn't matter as it'll be impossible to make a sequel to that game.

Around the Network
celador said:

The Last of Us [project] is working but at a lot slower pace right now. The entire team is on Lost Legacy - that's a couple hundred of us strong.

Yup, crossgen. Late 2019 at the earliest.

Ka-pi96 said:
Lawlight said:

With Shadow of the Colossus, it doesn't matter as it'll be impossible to make a sequel to that game.

There's plenty of times where it shouldn't have been possible for a sequel, but they retconned something to make it possible. There's also the prequel route, or of course the different world/characters but with shared elements and references to each other (a la Final Fantasy).

I'd bet that if it had been a hugely popular game selling 10m or something that the franchise would have got some kind of continuation, whether it be a direct sequel or something else.

No, I mean it's physically impossible to make a sequel to it. The game is lightning in a bottle. Ueda is semi-retired so it can't really be done.

Qwark said:
From ND prior saying this is probably thelast Uncharted towards there will probably be a new Uncharted in less than a year. Such consistency ;)

Yeah, I think Uncharted will continue... but under a different studio. Maybe that's why they are saying this. I also think TLoU won't go much further either, their next game will definitely be a new IP, and I'm already curious for it. I hope it has a different and cool setting, like TLoU had (very different from Uncharted at least).

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

i am a game lover and wanna play such interesting games . thanks for your cool posts

Well ND could always create something new like Uncharted.

Pull a Bungie. Tell people they got tired of making Halo then make a Halo clone.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)