By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In your list of gaming priorities, how high are graphics on the list?

Ka-pi96 said:
LiLang said:

Bingo but graphics and game play ahould be equal like it is in Horizon.

But Horizon had incredibly dull and boring gameplay. If the graphics were equal to that.... it would have looked BAD!

Well, lets put it this way, I finished Horizon in a few days, I just couldnt stop... BotW is still sitting as a pending game on my library (for the WiiU). It just too elaborated that bores me fast. You have so much to do, that you cant advance in the story... I have no that much time to spend on a single game.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Around the Network

Very low. I mean, most games I play are old games outside of consoles, and even here, Nintendo always is my console of choice.

The only technical point I really like is that the framerate has to fluid and stable, and here, 30fps just doesn't cut it most of the time - which mostly kills PS4 and XBO for me this gen

It's complicated. Advancements in video game technology have allowed a lot of cool things: the physics engine in Half-Life 2, the asymmetrical multiplayer experience in Demon's Souls, the spherical platforming engine in Super Mario Galaxy. A lot of those things were made possible by more sophisticated "graphics."

Conversely, glossy graphics and robust game engines can't magically make a bad game into a good game. But good level design, interesting mechanics, and engaging gameplay scenarios can mitigate poor performance. For example, I'd rather play Banjo-Tooie with its frequent frame rate dips than something like Flower, which runs at 1080p and 60 FPS.

So, graphics are somewhat important to me.