By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Van attacks people outside of mosque in London

Insane lunatics are ruining society for all of us. I think isolationism has been tried and failed. What we need to do is connect with each other more and amongst us find mentally ill people and get them to a mental hospital before they become terrorists because let's be honest whether Muslim christian Jew Hindu or otherwise only the people that were a little insane to begin with do these things especially when they've lived in a civilized society all their lives. People in Syria and war zones night have multidimensional reasons for what they do but in the developing and developed world only mentally ill people turn to terrorism

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:

Indeed, I haven't seen threads about neither the London fire nor the fores fires in portugal here on VGC. Maybe some were created, but in that case they died down way quicked than any thread about these terrorist attacks. I find it sort of worrying that people let such a small aspect of cases largely dominate their way of thinking.

About 13000 people in France alone died from multiresistant bacterial strains in 2012. No doubt a number that has only grown. Yet this gets oh so little attention from neither the media nor from people. Yet I remember reading a news article which said terrorism was the most important factor for the french people when making their decision on who to vote for.

And 40000 people died in traffic in the US last year, and almost 5 million injured.

Terrorism is a problem, yes, but it gets blown way out of proportions. It's a big problem in Syria, Pakistan, Nigeria and Iraq, especially if you include ISIS more "normal" military actions as terrorism. But it's not that big a problem in the west.

There is a huge moral difference between people dying from natural causes and people dying as a result of pre-meditated murder from a hostile, foreign terrorist group.  For example, if you accidentally kill somebody with your car while you were making every reasonable effort to drive safely nothing will probably happen to you legally.  On the other hand, if you purposely premeditate to kill and then run somebody down whom you hate, you are likely to be charged with second degree murder and you will probably spend the rest of your life in prison or on death row.

The above two situations demand very different responses and it is the same with terrorism.  Yes, it is sad that people die from bacteria, but the bacteria isn't self-aware or intelligent, it doesn't choose to give itself to evil and to seek out innocence and kill a human being out of malice.  A terrorist is without a doubt one of the lowliest of criminals and it is a grave injustice when our governments, who are sworn to protect their own citizens first and foremost, refuse to accept that their own negligent policies such as allowing open borders and their refusal to prosecute radical mosques is creating conditions that are ideal for terrorism to thrive.  

Terrorism was not even 1/10th the problem that it is today even just 20 years ago and this is the result of a grave cancer in the leadership of our society.  Most leaders and the media today are corrupt and are controlled by big money that does not care about the well-being of our society --  terrorism is just one very severe symptom of this underlying problem.  The situation will continue to degrade very quickly if we continue to be politically correct pawns and only do what our leaders and corporations (such as the mainstream media) deem acceptable.

Ka-pi96 said:
monocle_layton said:

I mean, using ISIS allows politicians to easily convince people to support them. Trump used ISIS, Bush used weapons of mass destruction, and so forth.

The media also plays a role in this. The Orlando shooting wasn't even one of the top 10 terrorist attacks, and yet it received 24/7 coverage for several weeks. It was to the point where places like CNN pointed out pointless details (such as the shooter's girlfriend struggling in school). Then look at the Saudi bombing which killed 100+ people at a FUNERAL and you won't even hear crickets.

It's hypocritical, but I don't think some people care if they stand to gain nothing from it

The US media puts significantly more focus on stuff that happens in the US than stuff that happens half way around the world? I'm shocked, absolutely shocked :O

Obviously regional news hits regional areas. However, it does seem a bit disappointing that Russia Today was the only 'Western' news network which gave the most devastating attack coverage. 

If we're going to cry about islamic extremism, why not point out Saudi Arabia and the people who fund it? 

Illusion said:
Teeqoz said:

Indeed, I haven't seen threads about neither the London fire nor the fores fires in portugal here on VGC. Maybe some were created, but in that case they died down way quicked than any thread about these terrorist attacks. I find it sort of worrying that people let such a small aspect of cases largely dominate their way of thinking.

About 13000 people in France alone died from multiresistant bacterial strains in 2012. No doubt a number that has only grown. Yet this gets oh so little attention from neither the media nor from people. Yet I remember reading a news article which said terrorism was the most important factor for the french people when making their decision on who to vote for.

And 40000 people died in traffic in the US last year, and almost 5 million injured.

Terrorism is a problem, yes, but it gets blown way out of proportions. It's a big problem in Syria, Pakistan, Nigeria and Iraq, especially if you include ISIS more "normal" military actions as terrorism. But it's not that big a problem in the west.

There is a huge moral difference between people dying from natural causes and people dying as a result of pre-meditated murder from a hostile, foreign terrorist group.  For example, if you accidentally kill somebody with your car while you were making every reasonable effort to drive safely nothing will probably happen to you legally.  On the other hand, if you purposely premeditate to kill and then run somebody down whom you hate, you are likely to be charged with second degree murder and you will probably spend the rest of your life in prison or on death row.

The above two situations demand very different responses and it is the same with terrorism.  Yes, it is sad that people die from bacteria, but the bacteria isn't self-aware or intelligent, it doesn't choose to give itself to evil and to seek out innocence and kill a human being out of malice.  A terrorist is without a doubt one of the lowliest of criminals and it is a grave injustice when our governments, who are sworn to protect their own citizens first and foremost, refuse to accept that their own negligent policies such as allowing open borders and their refusal to prosecute radical mosques is creating conditions that are ideal for terrorism to thrive.  

Terrorism was not even 1/10th the problem that it is today even just 20 years ago and this is the result of a grave cancer in the leadership of our society.  Most leaders and the media today are corrupt and are controlled by big money that does not care about the well-being of our society --  terrorism is just one very severe symptom of this underlying problem.  The situation will continue to degrade very quickly if we continue to be politically correct pawns and only do what our leaders and corporations (such as the mainstream media) deem acceptable.

In isolation, this brings up some salient points. However, they're largely irrelevant to the discussion you replied to about the safety of living in London compared with places where terrorist attacks and/or gun crime are the norm. And while Teeqoz didn't mention other types of violent crime in his argument, he is right that there does need to be a greater sense of perspective when looking at terrorist incidents in the west.

We shouldn't forget that the attention given to this most recent attack in London has enabled far-right elements to celebrate it, and islamists to use it as propaganda to justify their cause. Likewise, it's a reasonable assumption that the intense coverage of the earlier incidents in Westminster, Manchester and London Bridge probably incited this most recent one.

That doesn't mean coverage should be suppressed or the issues ignored. Atrocities need to be reported, and they need to be talked about, don't get me wrong. But blowing it out of proportion only plays into the hands of terrorists on both sides.

I don't pretend to have the answer on how to perform that balancing act, but when I see the latest headlines sometimes, I have to wonder.

For example, this morning, there have been live updates on BBC about a man being tasered for waving a shoehorn about outside a mosque at 1.am. I mean, live updates? For a shoehorn? Really? Would this have even made the news had the van attack not happened? Would it have been covered if the shoehorn had been waved outside a supermarket instead? Would the guy with the shoehorn even have bothered, had he not read about the van attack?

Perspective is important, and is so easy to lose.

The more I read alt-rightist and racist the more I tell myself that they must be the most cowardly stupid cunts in the equation.

They have a higher capacity than SJW for hypocrisy, like when a leftist media says BS they're the first to criticise, but when Fox/DailyFail/Sun goes their way they swallow it allow, when some alt-right say something controversial they're the first to cry censorship yet these same people are constantly over-exposed by medias, they complain about refugees but didn't do shit when they're country attacked these countries thus creating the situation, in fact we don't hear them attacking their gouvernement and corrupted finance who are the reason for wars, the crisis and the situation because it's so much easier to attack minorities that are not even prohiminent in government, banks, or institutions...

Also they seem to be completely deluded about a future War, their countries is historically responsible for colonisation, segregation, holocaust and current imperialist which is responsible for immigration, yet they managed to reverse the responsibility in a completely bullshit instilled crazy false revisionism of history and reversal of values.

Jewish, black, asian, muslim people seem to all understand what is going to happen if a war explodes, because if after the colonisation of millions of people, the biggest slave trade, the genocide of millions of indians, the holocaust of millions of jewish people, gipsy and others, the bombing of hundreds of thousands in japan, the invasion and murder of millions in neo-colonialist wars in south-asia, africa and middle-east...if once again they're the one deporting muslims, then anyone associated with it, while a global war...what do they think will happen after?

Around the Network
reptard said:

The more I read alt-rightist and racist the more I tell myself that they must be the most cowardly stupid cunts in the equation.

They have a higher capacity than SJW for hypocrisy, like when a leftist media says BS they're the first to criticise, but when Fox/DailyFail/Sun goes their way they swallow it allow, when some alt-right say something controversial they're the first to cry censorship yet these same people are constantly over-exposed by medias, they complain about refugees but didn't do shit when they're country attacked these countries thus creating the situation, in fact we don't hear them attacking their gouvernement and corrupted finance who are the reason for wars, the crisis and the situation because it's so much easier to attack minorities that are not even prohiminent in government, banks, or institutions...

Also they seem to be completely deluded about a future War, their countries is historically responsible for colonisation, segregation, holocaust and current imperialist which is responsible for immigration, yet they managed to reverse the responsibility in a completely bullshit instilled crazy false revisionism of history and reversal of values.

Jewish, black, asian, muslim people seem to all understand what is going to happen if a war explodes, because if after the colonisation of millions of people, the biggest slave trade, the genocide of millions of indians, the holocaust of millions of jewish people, gipsy and others, the bombing of hundreds of thousands in japan, the invasion and murder of millions in neo-colonialist wars in south-asia, africa and middle-east...if once again they're the one deporting muslims, then anyone associated with it, while a global war...what do they think will happen after?

Are you really trying to paint all of that shit onto the right? Talk about revisionist... ugh  

Aeolus451 said:
reptard said:

Are you really trying to paint all of that shit onto the right? Talk about revisionist... ugh  

He's definitely not saying all righties are these Fox-news loving conspiracy theorists.

However, there's no denying that a sizeable chunk of the right in the West (particularly the US and Europe) are flat-out hypocritical. That isn't to say every one of them is, but a significant chunk are. 

At the end of the day, many of them talk shit, so they're gonna get shit in return. You can't just criticize everything and keep going on about how liberals and da immigrants are destroying the world when no reasonable solution is brought.

For reference, these are the people who defended Bill O' Reilly and wanted him to stay, but wanted Colbert to be fired for making a gay joke. They're always quick to mention how liberals allegedly ignored the nutjob who had a decapitated head of Trump, and yet were fine with Katie Hopkins saying we need a Final Solution (i.e holocaust) for Muslims. 

These people always use their magical statistics to point out that black on black crime kills more than police on black killings, and yet lose their shit when a terrorist kills someone. I mean, with their logic, we should be more concerned about American/American killings since you're much more likely to be killed by an American than a terrorist in the US

Matter of fact is that these people are a big chunk of the modern day right and have terrible people to represent them. Milo Yiannopoulos, Mark Dice, Paul J Watson, Trump, Fox News, Breitbart...it's embarrassing. 

They go on rampages about liberals/SJWs/Muslims when in reality they're a further mess and hold much more danger. They aren't even capable of establishing a government which isn't a shitshow, even though they basically control all 3 branches of the government currently.
Reptard and others have a right to criticize them. They're like any other group. The ones who boast about being politically incorrect and 'brave' should be manly enough to take words of advice.

monocle_layton said:
Aeolus451 said:

He's definitely not saying all righties are these Fox-news loving conspiracy theorists.

However, there's no denying that a sizeable chunk of the right in the West (particularly the US and Europe) are flat-out hypocritical. That isn't to say every one of them is, but a significant chunk are. 

At the end of the day, many of them talk shit, so they're gonna get shit in return. You can't just criticize everything and keep going on about how liberals and da immigrants are destroying the world when no reasonable solution is brought.

For reference, these are the people who defended Bill O' Reilly and wanted him to stay, but wanted Colbert to be fired for making a gay joke. They're always quick to mention how liberals allegedly ignored the nutjob who had a decapitated head of Trump, and yet were fine with Katie Hopkins saying we need a Final Solution (i.e holocaust) for Muslims. 

These people always use their magical statistics to point out that black on black crime kills more than police on black killings, and yet lose their shit when a terrorist kills someone. I mean, with their logic, we should be more concerned about American/American killings since you're much more likely to be killed by an American than a terrorist in the US

Matter of fact is that these people are a big chunk of the modern day right and have terrible people to represent them. Milo Yiannopoulos, Mark Dice, Paul J Watson, Trump, Fox News, Breitbart...it's embarrassing. 

They go on rampages about liberals/SJWs/Muslims when in reality they're a further mess and hold much more danger. They aren't even capable of establishing a government which isn't a shitshow, even though they basically control all 3 branches of the government currently.
Reptard and others have a right to criticize them. They're like any other group. The ones who boast about being politically incorrect and 'brave' should be manly enough to take words of advice.

People are getting tired of this kind of shit from the left and that's why the left were bascially voted out of power in my country.  I'm all for mature discussion and debates but please drop this sort of bullshit. 

Hedra42 said:

In isolation, this brings up some salient points. However, they're largely irrelevant to the discussion you replied to about the safety of living in London compared with places where terrorist attacks and/or gun crime are the norm. And while Teeqoz didn't mention other types of violent crime in his argument, he is right that there does need to be a greater sense of perspective when looking at terrorist incidents in the west.

We shouldn't forget that the attention given to this most recent attack in London has enabled far-right elements to celebrate it, and islamists to use it as propaganda to justify their cause. Likewise, it's a reasonable assumption that the intense coverage of the earlier incidents in Westminster, Manchester and London Bridge probably incited this most recent one.

That doesn't mean coverage should be suppressed or the issues ignored. Atrocities need to be reported, and they need to be talked about, don't get me wrong. But blowing it out of proportion only plays into the hands of terrorists on both sides.

I don't pretend to have the answer on how to perform that balancing act, but when I see the latest headlines sometimes, I have to wonder.

For example, this morning, there have been live updates on BBC about a man being tasered for waving a shoehorn about outside a mosque at 1.am. I mean, live updates? For a shoehorn? Really? Would this have even made the news had the van attack not happened? Would it have been covered if the shoehorn had been waved outside a supermarket instead? Would the guy with the shoehorn even have bothered, had he not read about the van attack?

Perspective is important, and is so easy to lose.

The problem is that terrorism is getting so bad that it does actually justify the media coverage that it is recieving, it's just that the media coverage of terrorism refuses to address the route cause, namely: the actions of our corrupt leaders and elites. I have a problem with people acting as though terrorism is just another aspect of living in a big city, like gang violence, domestic abuse, etc... It's not, but those in power want us to think that this is the case.  For the better part of a century our societies were largely free from terror and yet if you look at recent trends, each year terrorism is getting worse and worse:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/11/16/18/2E81B6E900000578-0-This_table_documenting_the_increase_in_terror_attacks_in_recent_-a-67_1447700133462.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_attack#/media/File:Suicide-attacks-cpost-bigger-font.JPG

And it is not just a western phenomenon.  Terrorism is actually so bad in the middle east that many peaceful Christian and Muslim minorities who have lived in certain regions for hundreds of years are basically completely gone (many have been killed and the rest forced to evacuate).  We can keep saying that terrorism is a part of life but how do you know that we aren't becoming like the frog that slowly boils to death in a pot of water without noticing the gradual increase in temperature along the way.

The fact is that we have elites on the left who are advocating open borders which is disasterous for national security since most terrorist attacks can be traced back to the Islamic State which is a foreign faction whose members directly benefit from uncontrolled border travel (in both directions) to carry out their acts.  On the right, we have a bunch of elites who are bent on wars to overthrow stable governments such as Syria which creates the perfect conditions for ISIS to thrive in the first place.  Both of these activities started getting out of hand over the past 15 years, coincidentally at roughly the same time as we start to see terrorism spike.  How long until we wake up and realize that our entire political elite (both the left and the right) along with multi-national corporations are actively betraying us and are starting to treat us the same way that North Korea and Venezuela's leaders treat the people of their countries by destroying societies to advance their own petty interests.

We need to wake up and start challenging the establishment everywhere.   The power structure wants us to accept the increasingly poor health of our society and go back to sleep.  The fact is that we cannot trust the establishment to take care of us anymore, we need to start pushing back hard, stop trusting what we hear in the media and understand that if we don't start taking care of ourselves and take a personal stake managing the affairs of our countries it will be game over for us very soon.

Aeolus451 said:
monocle_layton said:

People are getting tired of this kind of shit from the left and that's why the left were bascially voted out of power in my country.  I'm all for mature discussion and debates but please drop this sort of bullshit. 

Oh, I never said the left was perfect. It's far from it. I could write for hours on why a corrupt vision of the right was even capable of gaining power.

Before anyone can criticize Trump/Le Pen or anyone else, we can point out how disengaged and dense the left was. I'm honestly glad Hillary experienced such a humiliating loss. Based on your previous posts, I'm sure we both have a lot of issues with both the right and the left. There's no denying that this shitshow isn't reserved for either side.