By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS hiring for 'next-gen AAA' game 'similar to Horizon Zero Dawn'

I want to know what next gen means and if x1x will play these upcoming games.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
"next gen" so... they've given up on the Xbox one then? Getting this ready for the Xbox Two, wonder if they plan it as a launch title or not.

Since when does working on a next gen project mean giving up on the Xbox One? They are still going to support it for a few years.

Proud to be a Californian.

FallingTitan said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Then why don't you play horizon?

cuz i dont have a playstation

LOL..Sorry to hear that. When Days Gone, God of War and Spiderman drop I hope you dont miss out.

darkenergy said:
Ka-pi96 said:
"next gen" so... they've given up on the Xbox one then? Getting this ready for the Xbox Two, wonder if they plan it as a launch title or not.

Since when does working on a next gen project mean giving up on the Xbox One? They are still going to support it for a few years.

More PC ports. Remember last gen when the Witcher 2 came to the Xbox 360 when the exclusives were drying up and the media started to take notice?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

In some alternate universe where Far Cry Primal doesn't exist, sure. I mean... Horizon already borrows loads of elements of Ubi's open world games.

I attributed far cry to a list of games that they gained inspiration from. Oh wait I forgot... Microsoft fan. Limited library

You listed 3 games, 2 of which are Sony games. I mean.... what does limited library have to do with anything? Reach a little harder next time please, it's hilarious.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I attributed far cry to a list of games that they gained inspiration from. Oh wait I forgot... Microsoft fan. Limited library

You listed 3 games, 2 of which are Sony games. I mean.... what does limited library have to do with anything? Reach a little harder next time please, it's hilarious.

LOL..Yes...it probably is a reach, because im failing to see how one with as much knowledge as you cannot see the killzone influence in the game. Besides, I agreed with what you said about Far Cry. Im pointing that you're overlooking what I noted as two other points of inspiration. 

I'll make this easier....

Killzone: Shadowfall  Bright yet futuristic/ robotic feel with grim undertones. Its obvious that their conceptualization of character attire comes from their work on Killzone. Cinematics mostly resemble Killzone as well.

Uncharted: Implentation with platforming level design, traversal and overal third person movement with some cinematic inspiration.

Farcry: Open world which gradually opens up as time goes by (like RDR, GTA or AC as well). Hunting and gathering is used to gain parts towards upgrading, crafting. (Then it gets deeper than far cry with the RPG elements). it also uses the Towers like Ubisoft games (except they are tall necks that walk), but you dont really need them to see areas on the map. You can just discover areas as you search for camp spots. 

Witcher 3: Every side mission has a purcpose and a personal story. They obviously took notice to the depth of Witchers side stories. I hope the DLC that is coming exemplifies a quality similar to what the Witcher did. The character conversation system like is also more similar to the Witcher or Mass Effect (but will superior animation.

If you're as seasoned a gamer as I think you are, you would've seen more than just far cry in this game. I expected more, I guess....

S.T.A.G.E. said:
FallingTitan said:

cuz i dont have a playstation

LOL..Sorry to hear that. When Days Gone, God of War and Spiderman drop I hope you dont miss out.

unfortunately i will.

FallingTitan said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

unfortunately i will.

Lets hope Microsoft commissions those as well. (I kid, I kid) 

No lie though, Now that InFamous is dead I think Microsoft should take a shot at a superhero game. Well...find someone to make it.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
FallingTitan said:

unfortunately i will.

No lie though, Now that InFamous is dead I think Microsoft should take a shot at a superhero game. Well...find someone to make it.

Infamous is dead??? finally they've seen the light!!! 

but i dont get how infamous being dead means MS should make a superhero game?  I dont like spiderman as a hero or as anything so i dont mind missing that game but god of war seems real fun.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
FallingTitan said:

unfortunately i will.

I don't know what InFamous beign dead has to do with anything Microsoft should be doing but Quantum Break could be considered a superhero game.