By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - People rushing to play Super Mario Odyssey at E3 2017

onionberry said:
thismeintiel said:
Yea, this is BS. This is just people coming into E3, period. Those are the paths to get to Nintendo and Sony's booths. You can even see just as many people, probably more, going in the main lane behind this one that goes directly between the Sony and Nintendo booth. To stretch this to being just about Nintendo, or even more of a stretch, Mario Odyssey, is kinda sad. Don't get me wrong, people are excited about the Switch and Mario, but most of these people are just excited about gaming.

how do you even know? your statement is as BS as this thread.

Lol, if I'm calling out BS, how could my statement be BS? 

Listen, if you want to believe this is all because of Mario Odyssey, go ahead. I will live in the real world where this vid just shows them opening the doors for E3, so everyone was rushing in.  Including people heading in completely different directions, to the left, middle, and right.  Like the woman who was running towards other booths that weren't Nintendo's or Sony's. 

Around the Network

this is coming to xbox right? plzzz

After watching the newest trailer on the game, I'd be dashing to the booth as well. It looked soo fun and interesting. Can't wait to play iiiiit~

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Super Mario Odyssey looks very amazing, it was obvious that would be happen!

I definitely think Odyssey is going to claim the title of best selling 3D Mario. It could even sell more in line with the huge 2d sellers if Switch's install base gets big enough, because I don't expect there will be much for 2d mario in the future, save maybe a Mario Maker for Switch.

Around the Network
VAMatt said:
Unlikely, as those games all launch when the system has a small install base. Nintendo games tend to have good legs. But, assuming Nintendo keeps a solid stream of good games coming to the system, it will be difficult for early games to sell millions of copies for years after release.

thismeintiel said:
Yea, this is BS. This is just people coming into E3, period. Those are the paths to get to Nintendo and Sony's booths. You can even see just as many people, probably more, going in the main lane behind this one that goes directly between the Sony and Nintendo booth. To stretch this to being just about Nintendo, or even more of a stretch, Mario Odyssey, is kinda sad. Don't get me wrong, people are excited about the Switch and Mario, but most of these people are just excited about gaming.

Yeah, if it happen in Sony's booths, it is amazing because all sony games are masterpieces make people so hype and if it happen in Nintendo's booths, it is just BS because it can't be real. Things like that can only happen in sony's booths, Nintendo can't so what you saw is just some illusions and delusions

HoangNhatAnh said:
VAMatt said:
Unlikely, as those games all launch when the system has a small install base. Nintendo games tend to have good legs. But, assuming Nintendo keeps a solid stream of good games coming to the system, it will be difficult for early games to sell millions of copies for years after release.

thismeintiel said:

Yeah, if it happen in Sony's booths, it is amazing because all sony games are masterpieces make people so hype and if it happen in Nintendo's booths, it is just BS because it can't be real. Things like that can only happen in sony's booths, Nintendo can't so what you saw is just some illusions and delusions

You realize this was just happening because they opened the doors to E3, right?  Right?  This obvious little factoid just seems to be ignored in favor of some strange narrative Nintendo fans want to persue.  Sure, some of those people were excited to play Mario, or just Nintendo games, but the vast majority were excited by gaming in general.  Which is why they were all moving in different directions.  Personally, I'm just going to exit this thread.  If people wish to live in delusion, who am I to shatter that with reality.  Peace.

Oh wow, people stanning for talent.

How do we even know they were rushing to play Mario?

Bristow9091 said:
Not sure if Mario at E3 or Black Friday in America...

Just wait till actual BF this year... the scenes will be identical lol.  The Switch is going to be nearly impossible to find once Odyssey launches, it's the Wii in 2006-2007 all over again.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.