By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - DF Justifying the X1X Price Point

DonFerrari said:
Plerpy_ said:
I don't doubt it's worth it specs wise, but at $649 AUD it's just too expensive. And without a killer app I can't help but ask what the point of it is (so essentially what my questions about the Pro were).

At least with the Pro at the moment you can get the console, three games and remote control for $539.

And on PS4Pro you at least had exclusives that couldn't be played better anywhere else to try and convice you.

And without the sufficient userbase, there will be hardly any XBX optimized third party games, and for the most people, who predominantly don't have 4K TVs, the difference will be negligible, which is especially true thanks to the huge CPU bottleneck. Who the hell decided to release a console with 4x Xbox GPU but only 1.3 its CPU. Currently, all XBX games are a CPU-bound, even the ones which are GPU bound on the XB1. Fire these morons!

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Around the Network
Azzanation said:

Here is a link below to why the X1X is priced at S499

Those saying its too expensive, well unfortunately you pay for quality and this machine is all about quality.

Take it from a PC player. You can pay for all the quality you want doesn't matter if Devs don't use your machine to the fullest because they are forced to focus on the lowest common denominator. That's what will happen to this xbox. At least Sony is making a lot exclusives so they can take advantage of the PS4 Pro better where as other devs wont waste their time.

Doesn't matter if it's justified. It's still $100 too expensive to make a difference.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames