By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict Metroid: Samus Returns sales

Tagged games:

How much will Metroid: Samus Returns sell?

Less than 500k 10 4.93%

500k - 750k 22 10.84%

750k - 1 million 33 16.26%

1 million - 1.25 million 48 23.65%

1.25 million - 1.5 million 30 14.78%

1.5 million - 1.75 million 19 9.36%

1.75 million - 2 million 11 5.42%

More than 2 million 30 14.78%

Total:203
Rem87919394 said:
Nintendo fans only buy Nintendo games and there aren't a lot of big 3rd party games coming to Switch. I'd imagine this should sell well

There arent alot of big 3rd party games on Switch so people will buy 3DS games?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Just like Super Metroid, it comes out too late in the console's life to have a big impact. So I fear sales will be sub-par, even though it's a long-awaited return for the series. I'd say it will pass the million mark, but won't outsell the original's 1.76M. The 1.42M of Super Metroid is a good mark, I hope it can sell these numbers as well.

.9M

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Medisti said:
It makes me very sad to admit that it probably won't light up any sales charts. All this waiting for a new Metroid, and all that will happen is we Metroid fans will once again be reminded that though vocal, we are the minority.

Well most Metroid fans nowadays grew up on the 3D titles. 

The 1.5-2 million audience of Metroid is nowhere near as bad as people make it up to be, especially when you adjust the budget of the series down to a 2nd tier Nintendo scale. 

Whether the game gets 500k or 1.5 million sales, I'd imagine it will give Nintendo a profit. I would like to see how well Fire Emblem Echoes : Shadows of Valentia does. Metroid would probably do slightly worse than that.

I never liked this whole "Metroid is less popular and less significant" argument. Again, 1.5-2 mil is NOT a small audience unless you compare it to Nintendo's ridiculous average. Nintendo also didn't do a good job of trying to bring it to the mainstream for 7 years. This argument really sprung up because a lot of the big Nintendo channels wanted to make excuses so that if Nintendo didn't announce a Metroid title they could excuse it. In reality there isn't an excuse, Nintendo just sucks at their 2nd tier catalog. 

And focusing on niche titles can in fact boost a brand. Look at Last Guardian. If Nintendo makes a strong case for Metroid being a must have, it will sell. 

Im going to predict 500k - 1 mil

Better than Prime 4 in Japan.

Around the Network

1m lt.

Rem87919394 said:
Nintendo fans only buy Nintendo games and there aren't a lot of big 3rd party games coming to Switch. I'd imagine this should sell well

You realize this is a 3DS game, right?

Anyway, I predict around 1m.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

1 million

750k.

I think about 850k sold sounds about right.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.