GT Sport

Pre-ordered 34 16.43%

Buy day one 44 21.26%

Wait for reviews 31 14.98%

Wait for price cut 10 4.83%

No thanks, dusty old driving sim. 42 20.29%

I'm going to mention the F word (orza) 46 22.22%

Total:207

Finally there are some details about PSVR support for GT Sport and it's pretty disappointing.

At E3 last week, legendary series producer Kazunori Yamauchi of developer Polyphony Digital revealed that the game would only support one-on-one races in VR. Yamauchi noted that VR’s “really high rendering loads” made it hard to support the entire game in VR. Without PSVR you can play with a huge number of cars on the track across a variety of modes. It’s not all bad news though; all of the 177 cars in the game can be driven in VR, though only a third of the 19 tracks will be available.

So about 6 or 7 tracks available in VR for one on one races. No idea yet if that includes online (kinda pointless anyway with only 2 players) or if the Nurburgring is included (probably not as it's the longest track). Also no details yet on pro support.

At least there is something, because try as I might, I can't get into Wipeout Omega anymore after racing in VR. I tried it on the headset today in first person mode but that only makes it look like your sitting really close to a huge screen. Just makes it more disorienting instead of like real life. I guess you can't play the campaign in VR if it's that limited so I'm probably stuck in arcade mode driving around a limited number of tracks by myself against one AI :(

Graphics over gameplay once again. (well that was always the case with GT, got to have the right shade of red)

Around the Network

In their defense VR is very taxing on the hardware. I'm honestly still surprised PSVR games often look and play as well as they do.

Yeah but other racing games like Forza (which you mention in the poll) dont have any VR support, there is only DriveclubVR which is a separate game and actually doesnt look so good, many people complained.

GTs spotlight has come and gone. It's like beating a dead horse at this point. Long live the driving sim King - Forza Motorsport!

---

User was moderated for this post

~tads12

That's actually good considering most games implementations of VR. Of course, this game is going to be a big hit with or without VR.

Around the Network

I am disappointed in the lack of content, but if they can deliver a great drivng expereince with decent quality graphics I will be pleased. As great as Driveclub and Dirt Rally are, the lack of draw distance quality is harsh. The ability to see in to corners, and get the sense of scale and elevation change is an absolute game changer. However, the fact that I can't even see the dash and gauges clearly without leaning forward is a real issue (at least for me).

I wish for the sake of VR that GTS was delivering a full GT expereince in VR. I understand though, that the ability to pull it off with even 6 cars on track may be impossible, especially on the base model PS4. For that readon I am fine with just a taste for now. I fully expect them to use this expereince to deliver every aspect of GT7/GTS2 or whatever on PS5 and PSVR2 in VR extremely quickly though.

I already have GTS pre-odered. I will most likely only ever play the VR portion, because as you mentioned, racing without VR just has very little appeal after what I have expereinced in other PSVR titles.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Hey, do not complain man. freaking VR in GT.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

We all know Yamauchi is not capable to work on more secondery staff on GT. We see on Beta he focus on Tracks the cars and the online. Dynamic weather, Damages, it was not first priority to PD and never be. Im suprise the game has VR 4K HDR, But for that, was delay one year. He say on trailer Driving games was only how many cars it have, GT i all about the driving sim and so far on beta its looks like the best GT on driving physics

I feel bad for him and the game. Yet another game bogged down and another dev disappointed.

Well, he could always compromise his vision and make it look like shit so it can run in PSVR, right?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I was all hyped for the PSVR when it was announced and launched and expected to get one quite quickly as I love VR but still there isn't the games I want to play on it. It's good to see it getting reasonable sales and VR is definitely the future for sure its just the hardware is not quite up to the task as can be seen by the limitation in GT VR. It seems to be compatibility with the original PS4 is holding VR back as most developers aren't really doing much in the way of enhancement for ps4 pro and it would certainly be better if the ps4 pro was the baseline.