By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Differences between PS4 Pro and XbOX reveal.

Midgen hardware refreshes are

Awesome, I gladly pay aga... 24 14.91%

Ok for those who want it 63 39.13%

Bad for putting for strai... 8 4.97%

Bad for creating different tiers of gamers 11 6.83%

Bad (potentially) for online gaming 1 0.62%

Pointless, waste of time and effort 34 21.12%

Good to keep game engine advancements going 17 10.56%

Good for PC games, more 4K focus 3 1.86%

Total:161
taus90 said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

I was talking about games that supported PS4 Pro at launch. Not the total number of games that are enhanced for Pro right now. But it seems that I was a little bit wrong. 39 games supported PS4 Pro at launch. Not 15-20

nope it was well over 50 and more during the launch window. And about the xbox numbers, are those 70 games confirmed? going to be released in future but confirmed with the support or are those that have been already released?.. coz considering xbx is launching a year later of pro, that 70 number is pretty low coz as of now ps4pro has over 300 pro enhanced games and by the virtue of the same architecture xbox should have had nearly 300 supported games at launch! minus the PS4 exclusive..

It is pretty much confirmed. But still, the console hasn't released yet so these games obviously don't have support for it yet. And I think that the list of enhanced games will expand by November

Around the Network

People still don't seem to be getting it, unless third parties get hard numbers that their efforts supporting the PS4P/X1X well lead to enough sales to justify the time and effort they will do no more than the bare minimum, because it's literally a waste of time and money. Like the PS4 pro, it might see some initial support as developers test the waters, but I fully expect quality support from third parties to be a very rare occurrence.

And I say this a PS4 Pro owner.

Azzanation said:
Ruler said:

The XBox One X neither can do native 4K in all games, it uses checkerboard rendering in Assassins Creed or Anthem. Whats the point really if it cant do native 4K in AAA games? The PS4 Pro is the best PlayStation thats the identiy, along being earlier and 100€ cheaper.

And i cant understand how you refuse to buy a PS4 as a PC gamer, a console that has actual real exclusive which you cant play on your PC, instead shelling out 500€ for a system that is playing all the same games. Do you gonna rebuy all the games on XBox One too by the way?

I seriously dont understand your logic here, and also  the boasting about your expensive stuff.

X1X is marketed as a 4k machine out the gate. It can play 4k Blu-Rays, has 4k Apps and is the most powerful console in the world. Thats how its advertised. The market knows what it is. I dont know what the PS4 Pro is. Its a more powerful PS4 thats it. 4k TV owners want a 4k console yet Pro doesnt offer a 4k player or true 4k on abunch of games without using checkerboarding. Go watch the Forza 7 trailer again. A 1st party game rendering true 4k with added PC features.

Let me educate you on my set-up. I have two 4k TVs in my house. My PC is in my room where i game 90% of the time. My XB1S is in my living room where i play my Xbox games and 4k movies. I dont have to rebuy the Xbox games, Have you heard of Cross Platform and Play Anywhere? thats your anwser. If i want to play my Xbox with my friends i go in the Living room to play Console Exclusives i give a damn about. If i want to continue playing 3rd party games and Blizzard games i head into my room and game there because my PC tower can only be in 1 room at a time. If i want to put on a 4k Blu Ray movie or play Xbox Live with my mates than guess where ill be going..

How do i watch my 4k movie disks in my living room? Your logic is get a Pro? haha yeah unfortunately my 4k Disks dont work in a PS4 Pro. Sadly. 

X1X plays 4k movies and games and i can couch multiplayer and game with my fellow Xbox Live friends. Logic seems to point at the X1X. 

If i want to play PS4 games so badly ill wait for PSNow on PC when they start implementing games across to it. As for a 4k machine its obvious the X1X is the better machine all round. 

So you rather wait for some PS4 exclusives to pop up on PSnow, just to play them in subpar video-stream quality because the PS4 Pro isnt the real deal in terms of pixels?

The Xbox One X isnt doing native 4K games except for Forza 7, this is pretty much confirmed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T85Fshj2eiY

Ka-pi96 said:
BraLoD said:
Sony fanbase cares about themselves before the company, that's the difference.
If Sony does something that I don't like, screw them, they'll know I don't.

They've done something you don't like (not making a LOD sequel) for decades now and yet you still buy their products though

that sequel / remake will eventually come, just like the FFVII remake, it is very requested by the gamers.   Hell I want that too!

Both performance fitting each price.

That's all.

Around the Network

I still dont get the point of the XOX, it is the most powerful console in the world and CANT do in every game native 4K, most games do the same method as PS4 PRO.

the PRO and the XOX have the same checkboard 4k and frame rate in most 3rd party games....so I ask again WHAT IS THE POINT!???

Heavenly_King said:
I still dont get the point of the XOX, it is the most powerful console in the world and CANT do in every game native 4K, most games do the same method as PS4 PRO.

the PRO and the XOX have the same checkboard 4k and frame rate in most 3rd party games....so I ask again WHAT IS THE POINT!???

Because a $500 console isn't going to render every game in native 4K and the consumer market isn't going to buy anything more expensive than $500 at any meaningful level.

The performance that $500 buys is about the best that $500 can do without losing the manufacturer money at retail. And no, I don't care to hear about anyone's $500 budget gaming PC that claims to perform on par or with an XBOX or even better because of keyword "budget" gaming PC. 

The entire idea of making a premium console that prices itself out of the typical console buying demographic would be a corporate vanity statement at best in today's market. As far as consumers go, those who want the absolute best will be gaming on a custom PC.

But for $500, the gaming consumer would be hard pressed to do better for so little headache, which is the whole point of a console other than controlled ecosystems for the purpose of benefiting the console manufacturer.