By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Site suggestions that I think we would all like!

Are these good suggestions?

Yes. 7 38.89%

No. 4 22.22%

Some. 5 27.78%

See results. 2 11.11%

Total:18
Xxain said:
Does anybody find it strange that Mario Kart, Tekken7, released and there is no thread dedicated to them? This sites needs a section purely for games.

There actually is an official Tekken 7 thread, but I can't remember what the link to it was. Now, as for Mario Kart, I don't think it has an official thread.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
I say we start a kickstarter to buy the site from ioi.

We could get rid of the horrible ads!

VGPolyglot said:
Xxain said:
Does anybody find it strange that Mario Kart, Tekken7, released and there is no thread dedicated to them? This sites needs a section purely for games.

There actually is an official Tekken 7 thread, but I can't remember what the link to it was. Now, as for Mario Kart, I don't think it has an official thread.

Tekken 7 thread

1. used to happen weekly till ioi become a pimp and stopped visiting his own site. this site is run by volunteers from what i can tell. we are the salvation army of video game collectors here.

RolStoppable said:
1. It is more difficult than you imagine. It has actually improved lately, so visitors should be grateful for that.

2. Contests are usually not a good idea, because most of them would increase spam and the like.

3. We need more moderators to get threads like this moved into the correct forum section. On another serious note, I should get promoted to mod. As for content creators, this site is on a tight budget, so most of the people who contribute do it because they want to give the site something moreso than for the money.

4. I agree that the lack of scores is a definitive negative, because reviews for pretty much anything have scores. However, I can't say that I've ever been a regular reader of this site's reviews, so they can really do what they want as far as I am concerned.

:D

niceguygameplayer said:

Like I said, I do realize moderators are needed. I think some may get on a power trip though! The good thing about Metacritic is that it is the combination of many opinions, not just one or a few. There's likely to be truth there. 

I'd argue that you need more moderators to keep other mods accountable if that happens?

VGPolyglot said:
We're not going to get a game giveaway, as the mods aren't getting paid a dime for this themselves. We had the ambassador program to encourage positive discussion and participation in the past, but the problem is that a lot of the people who were a part of that are now inactive. Also, this site isn't prestigious enough to get interviews with industry leaders. We also had a scoring system for reviews in the past, but it was eventually decided to eliminate them. But anyways, we can try to encourage more participation and activity. I am pretty active myself, and try to be positive most of the time, but I admit that the quality of my posts can be shitty at times.

Indeed, most these ideas are good in theory, but they only work on paper and there are many issues with actually executing these ideas D:

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Cool for the site, I'd rather have them fix the forum first though.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I tried three times to do an art competition. Seems like no one is interested