By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Co-op confirmed for Super Mario Odyssey

Oh, it's just a Galaxy 2-esque co-op mode. Aww, I wanted Luigi to be playable and for this to be like the classic 2D games where players Switch whenever one of them loses a life. :(

Edit: I just want Luigi to be playable period.

Around the Network

any extra feature that is neat and well-done is very welcome

Switch!!!

Yeah it looks similar to galaxies multiplayer so I will never touch it.

There's not really any way to do decent multiplayer in a game like this.

Barkley said:

LEGO?

The only problem would be camera angle on a single joycon but it looks like there's controls for that. Either way it's definitely nothing like Galaxy's second pointer.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:
Barkley said:

LEGO?

The only problem would be camera angle on a single joycon but it looks like there's controls for that. Either way it's definitely nothing like Galaxy's second pointer.

My issue with splitscreen in a game like Mario 64 is that the games are all about exploration, it'd end up with the two players just being miles from each other, there's really no reason for them to be together.

Where-as in lego, even though the recent entries are a little more open in the hub world, the levels themselves are still basically linear and they're full of puzzles and obstacles you need both players together to pass.

Without making changes to the level design I don't think co-op would work particularly well in Odyssey.

Around the Network

Still need the true coop experience. 3d world 2. And lots of double cherries.