By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has sea of thieves met its match with Ubisoft skull and bones?

Its looks awesome but its not the same game as Sea Of Thieves.

I am mostly looking forward to the exploration and discovery of Sea Of Thieves.

Around the Network

Sea of thieves looks awesome.

While Skull and Bones doesnt particularly impress me, at least it looks like it'd entertain me much more than Sea of Thieves. I dont really see Sea of Thieves as a heavyhitter. Looks incredibly generic and nothing we've seen makes think "well, this looks fun".

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Both look incradible bad, Sea of Thieves looks like so boring but the press is loving it, maibe i am wrong.

I feel like anyone saying it looks boring either doesn't realize what it is, or is judging it purely based on it's art style.

People are comparing it to games it has nothing in common with. Like I said, it has most in common with this.

It's a game about being 1 part of a crew that needs multiple people to function. In Lovers in a Dangerous Space time, it was made for two player with the goal of forming bonds. In this game, it's made to emulate the feeling of being an essential member of a pirate crew.

Maybe if you thought Lovers was boring I'd understand, but Lovers was incredibly mechanically innovative, and this is that but much bigger.

Sea of thieves looks fun.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

https://youtu.be/77WzfvpBLLg

It it seems Ubisoft has decided to take the pieces from black flag and put them into skull and bones. As you well know black flag is is known for its innovation in bring popularity of the pirate battleship mini game. Now it's a full fledged experience beckoning to a larger audience. What do you think? 

The best piece was being able to board other ships and add them to your fleet. The only combat is ship vs ship. There is no boarding and player vs player combat. Sea of Thieves actually has you boarding other ships, exploring islands, hell you can even shoot people out of canons!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo