By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is this the best time to be a Nintendo fan in a long time?

It wasn't too long ago that people were complaining about droughts on Wii U and this was very much also true of the original Wii. This year alone we are getting/got The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (probably the best TLoZ game for many), Splatoon 2, Arms, Xenoblade 2, Super Mario Oddyssey (looks to potentially be the best Mario game in a while), and Mario Kart 8: Deluxe as big titles on Switch from Nintendo. 

We have a future of Metroid, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Kirby, and Yoshi to look forward to already. We have no idea what Retro is working on. Smash bros is implictly guaranteed to be in the works too. 

It seems as if Nintendo is touching upon all of their main titles, and making everyone happy. Furthermore, there is a potential that marginalized Nintendo IP's that don't compete with Mario, Zelda, and Smash Bros might make a comeback and be given another chance. 

I am fully convinced that the unified library decision was one of the best Nintendo has made. I was reminiscing about how the only thing to be "excited" about as Nintendo fans in 2008 when this happened was that we were thrown an unintended Pikmin 3 announcement behind closed doors, and the game released on Wii U anyway. Times were that bad then. 

It is crazy how much Nintendo has changed in nine years. Hopefully they continue to even after this success. 

Around the Network

You forgot Monster Hunter XX. That shit's fuckin lit, fam.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

Not a Nintendo game. 

sc94597 said:
vivster said:

Not a Nintendo game. 

But it's on Nintendo consoles, so that's good for Nintendo fans.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I thought the Wii era was pretty good. The NES and SNES era might be better. I think the Switch is trending above the Wii right now. I still think we have a good while before we can say this is the best era for now.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

Probably.

vivster said:
sc94597 said:

Not a Nintendo game. 

I was more talking about Nintendo the publisher rather than Nintendo the console manufacturer. I never personally experienced droughts, since I've always had multiple platforms, but there is something about Nintendo games that you can rarely find elsewhere, and hence fewer, intermediate, and less than stellar releases can still affect the multiplatform owner who likes Nintendo games.

Plus Monster Hunter XX isn't coming to the West anyway, because Capcom are idiots.  

Yea. Nice to see all the salty Switch haters (aka some Wii u owners+nintendo haters) whine about it.

From calling it a flop upon release to saying it still has no games, I think it's safe t say being a Nintendo fan is awesome currently

sc94597 said:
vivster said:

I was more talking about Nintendo the publisher rather than Nintendo the console manufacturer. I never personally experienced droughts, since I've always had multiple platforms, but there is something about Nintendo games that you can rarely find elsewhere, and hence fewer, intermediate, and less than stellar releases can still affect the multiplatform owner who likes Nintendo games.

Plus Monster Hunter XX isn't coming to the West anyway, because Capcom are idiots.  

That's why good guy Nintendo made their console region free.

If you like pretty much every Nintendo game, then probably.