By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rocket League will cost $20 on Switch

JRPGfan said:
Good guy greg developers.
They re eating the loss of the cartridges instead of makeing excuses for why it costs more on switch.

To be fair, the amount of sales they'll generate from a Switch port will easily offset any of those losses.

Around the Network

Nice! Hopefully Japan will love this game being on a handheld like Minecraft on the Vita.

Not sure if I will buy it though. Got too many great games this year for the Switch.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

great. maybe i get it again just to play in my bed.

$20 game + $20 online for a year = $20 cheaper than getting it for "free" on another console lol.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

JRPGfan said:
They re eating the loss of the cartridges instead of makeing excuses for why it costs more on switch.

What losses? This game has cost $20 since launch. It's a 2 year old game. If anyone doesn't have losses it's Psyonix.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Naum said:
Local mutiplayer also.

That's a feature on all console version (at least). Not sure about PC.

Seems like Sony are being dicks and won't play the crossplay game with any platform other than PC. I don't like that move, Sony, and I hope you change your mind. Rocket league should be one global community (well regional, since people play on different servers).

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

JRPGfan said:

Assuming the prting job is simple, which it should be. I can't see how Psyonix isn't going to make a tidy profit from that $20. In any case, Rocket League is well monetised with premium DLC content and I would think they make more money from the monetised content than the game sales these days. With a >10 million user base already their revenues must be weighted towards premium content now.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix