By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid fans, stop complaining!

Nintendo finally gives us not 1, but 2 Metroid games that we asked for, and you still can not stop complaining about them? Damn. I now see what Reggie was talking about years ago when they announced Pikmin 3. He said something along the lines of "we give the fans what they want (in Pikmins case, a new game in like 8 years), and they either complain about it, or they say, is that all? What else you got"

Around the Network

They didn't do shit though.

They gave Metroid II remake to a very questionable developer with a poor track record and just gave us a logo of Metroid Prime 4 with no footage, we don't even know who made it.

This doesn't bode well for the end-result of those games. As a Metroid fan I'm not happy. I'm starting to wish it was dead instead tbh. Now they're just ruining the reputation of a once great franchise.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Entitled gamers acting like these games just magically appear. Happy to see that Metroid Prime 4 is in development. Metroid 2 remake might get me to purchase a 3DS. Nintendo seems to be making a lot of great moves...no complaints here. What is Retro working on, though?

Since Retro Studios is not working on neither of them, I really wonder what they are up to!

If you don't behave Nintendo will take it all away from you and give you Federation Force 2 instead.

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:

They gave Metroid II remake to a very questionable developer with a poor track record and just gave us a logo of Metroid Prime 4 with no footage, we don't even know who made it.

This doesn't bode well for the end-result of those games. As a Metroid fan I'm not happy. I'm starting to wish it was dead instead tbh. Now they're just ruining the reputation of a once great franchise.

What F-ing kind of Metroid fan are you!? O.O

Alkibiádēs said:

A remake doesn't need the best developers, and from what I saw it looked fine, though I'm not big on Metroid. If there's big issues with the gameplay please point them out. As for Prime 4, it's kind of the same deal being a sequel, there's already an established concept n framework to build off of. I'm sure you'll change your tune once they reveal game. Just remember, the Metroid franchise is now in a better spot than Animal Crossing, just think about that for a moment!

Hiku said:
Alkibiádēs said:

I didn't know that. MercurySteam huh.

But the game was shown, and I don't see any problems with it. I like a lot of what I saw actually.

As for Prime 4, I'm not complaing since I don't mind early announcements. But I don't expect the game before 2019. I think they'll say they aim for second half of 2018, and then announce a delay.

Well, I was banned for saying MS and Sony do way too many early announcements. Since I'm not a hypocrite I'm also complaining about this announcement. 

super_etecoon said:
Entitled gamers acting like these games just magically appear. Happy to see that Metroid Prime 4 is in development. Metroid 2 remake might get me to purchase a 3DS. Nintendo seems to be making a lot of great moves...no complaints here. What is Retro working on, though?

This.

guiduc said:
Since Retro Studios is not working on neither of them, I really wonder what they are up to!

and this.

It's been almost 4 years and we've heard rumors of them expanding and creating a second team, so theres at least one game, if not two that should come out of them very soon. I'd have bet we would see their game this year, but nothing. Not complaining, it's just curiosity eating away at me.

I'm happy we're getting the two Metroids, though.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Alkibiádēs said:

A remake doesn't need the best developers, and from what I saw it looked fine, though I'm not big on Metroid. If there's big issues with the gameplay please point them out. As for Prime 4, it's kind of the same deal being a sequel, there's already an established concept n framework to build off of. I'm sure you'll change your tune once they reveal game. Just remember, the Metroid franchise is now in a better spot than Animal Crossing, just think about that for a moment!

1) The game looks very bland. Art-style is very important to set the mood in a Metroidvania game. This game fails to do so. Should have gone with hand-drawn graphics or pixel art instead of polygonal 3D graphics. 

2) Sakamoto is trying to put cinematic action elements into this game again, like he did with Other M, and we all know how that game turned out. 

I'm a big Metroid fan, anything below a masterpiece is not good enough for me.