By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rocket League Crossplay Switch/Xbox One/ PC

GribbleGrunger said:
If you want to play your friends online with the PS4 then buy a PS4. Smart.

That some people need to defend simply every single thing the console manufacturer of their choice is doing...

So, when you have a friend who owns a Switch you tell him "buy a PS4 if you want to play with me" and he will say "buy a Switch if you want to play with me" instead of "would be nice if there would be crossplay"?

LOL

Crossplay especially between PS4 and XBO would be awesome for every consumer who has friends considering how almost all multiplayer games release on both platforms. 

Around the Network

Again, nice to see crossplay being more popular

Definitely interested in trying out Rocket League

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

So many naive people who can't see the problems this would bring. No thanks. Sony are doing the right thing and I support it 100%

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

So many naive people who can't see the problems this would bring. No thanks. Sony are doing the right thing and I support it 100%

What problems would these be?

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
GribbleGrunger said:

No one cares about it too, its the typical outrage we see  in gaming forums, mostly people who dont even own the game. They make noise ,world keeps spinning, in 2 days no one remembers.

This is not the first thread to be created regarding this topic.

The funny thing is that the player base on Switch + X1 + PC is still smaller than on PS4 alone.

Plus we still don't know everything about this new Microsoft/Switch/PC cross-play stuff. There's always the possibility of Microsoft simply not wanting to co-operate with Sony but with Nintendo to generate an advantage for their platforms. I'm not yet blaming Sony, I'll wait a little until we know more about what's going on. Someone should leak something sooner or later.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network

Now all of the sudden Nintendo and Microsoft want corssplay? Where was it last gen when they sold more consoles?

SpokenTruth said:
Ruler said:
Now all of the sudden Nintendo and Microsoft want corssplay? Where was it last gen when they sold more consoles?

Wii U sold more than what Switch will?

He means 360/wii. I agree with him about MS though, if they were the market-leaders they wouldn't want cross-play. As they most certanily aren't the market-leaders cross-play would be an advantage to them and a disadvantage to playstation.

Now that they're substantially behid in install-base they can push for cross-platform so sony lose some of their advantage and when it doesn't happen use it as negative-pr against sony.

I'm not going to say Nintendo would do the same, no idea.

SpokenTruth said:

2. This notion that the lack of or pressure for cross-platform play is based on sales position in the market is silly.

I disagree, I made a post in another thread explaining what I think.