By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Prime 4 announced for Switch

Such a bland announcement that they might as well have Tweeted it lol

Around the Network

Nothing was shown.

sigh.... i wanted a 2d one but happy to see it return

Nintendo Freind Code: SW-4075-9631-2912

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJXcqI8b10pET5-IuPz5cfw

I really think they should have waited to have an actual working game or at the very least a much better reveal. A cinematic trailer would have been better than a freaking logo.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Nintendo showed the respect they had for this serie with that annoucement, a logo and " its in development " is not the way to annouce a game. This series is the one in Nintendo that have the most potential, needs to be treated like Mario and Zelda IMO

They needed to go like " the last of us 2 " last year on sony, that is a good way to show a game that everyone wants but its still ages away from being released.

What do you Nintendo could've done to announce it this year if it's in development? Especially since there hasn't been a Metroid game in a while. I think fans would've b$&@#% either way, whether it was announced or not.

and they did with Zelda before back in 2013 in the January Direct if I remember before BoTW was initiallly revealed a year later.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
 needs to be treated Zelda IMO

Sure Breath of the Wild had some footage, but it wasn't as if it was that much better of a treatment. They basically just showed us a smallish demo of the game and a cutscene (which never made it to the final game) and we didn't get a proper trailer until the year it released. 

RolStoppable said:
Alkibiádēs said:
Why didn't they show off anything? Just don't show it then FFS. It's probably years away.

Strangely enough I knew it was Metroid right from the bat, the color immediately reminded me of phazon.

They didn't show anything of Pokémon either. I am expecting MP4 to be another second half of 2018 title.

I know, but I'm a bit more lenient with Pokémon because nobody will be able to deny now that the Switch is the true successor of the 3DS (which was obvious from the beginning but plenty of people somehow doubted this). 

So, Retro Studios is likely the developer, surely they must have had enough time for a trailer?

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

I'm crying.
Best announcement of the entire E3.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Not relevant to the thread, but listening again to the main theme of Oddyssey(Im assuming the music that has sing on it is the main theme), and main its fucking awesome.So catchy and so good.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Time to update your sig OP

(Formerly RCTjunkie)