By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 14 billionaires join Bill Gates, Warren Buffett in giving away more than half their money

That's like putting a band-aid over the problem instead of actually fixing it.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:

Rather people doing something to stop the problem than sit and drink the blood like most do.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
VGPolyglot said:

Rather people doing something to stop the problem than sit and drink the blood like most do.

But it's not going to stop the problem, that's my point.

Only half?

VGPolyglot said:
Ganoncrotch said:

there's no fucking magic switch someone can flick, just have to do what people can. Not doing steps to counter issues because "it's not fixing everything" is just daft.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
VGPolyglot said:

there's no fucking magic switch someone can flick, just have to do what people can. Not doing steps to counter issues because "it's not fixing everything" is just daft.

They're part of the problem, they can't fix the problem while still being part of it.

charities? hopefully they dont just use 1% of the money for the charity while the workers/charity heads take the money for bentleys as is the usual case.

And now they're poor and will get their money back by profiting from those charities. Just another tax evasion scheme.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

VGPolyglot said:

Their money could easily put an end to most problems but you're right, this way of doing it isn't... or at least isn't going to go far enough. 

AlfredoTurkey said:
VGPolyglot said:

Their money could easily put an end to most problems but you're right, this way of doing it isn't... or at least isn't going to go far enough. 

No it couldn't, and in particular the money can't solve our biggest problem, climate change because that's a political problem not a revenue problem. Indeed most of our worst problems are political not revenue. It can temporarily alleviate many problems. There are some things the money could permanently solve but putting an end to most problems is overstating things. End of they day, their money is less than half of the annual expenditure of a medium sized developed economy, like Australia.  

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix