By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does GOW kill off Xbox One X (& PS4 Pro) chances?

Barkley said:
Dulfite said:
I've always thought Microsoft building a before its time expensive 4k console was stupid. I mean, what % of people have 4k televisions, anyway?

I just read on one website that by 2016, 12.5% of homes will have one 4k tv. That isn't a ton. Not to mention, I'd imagine the majority of those that can afford that type of tv are older than the video game generation right now (probably in their 50s or higher). Gamers by in large aren't rich and can't afford these tvs. The xbox One should have come in 5-10 years. We don't need 4k now.

I heard these figures yesterday, I have no source because I don't remember where I heard it just remember the numbers. xD

I think it was 29% of gamers playing on a 4k TV, and 18% said they were looking to upgrade to a 4k TV in the next year.

Well that's higher then the general population, which is surprising to me considering most gamers are in the teens to late twenties and don't typically have careers or are just getting started so probably couldn't afford those tvs, but I guess I'm wrong.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

Could have sworn Michael Pacter said it was like 10% of homes, and that by end of this year it might be around 20%.

In a interview he had with Geoff at E3.

Likely a different survery, think I heard mine on Kinda-Funny Preshow for microsofts con. But also mine was specifically about gamers, pachter may be talking about everyone.

It will kill the xbox but not the ps4

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

JRPGfan said:
vivster said:
Yes, it's also why AMD and Nvidia will apply for bankruptcy after this E3 because no one needs higher graphical fidelity than what is possible on the PS4. I mean look at those idiots with their 1080s playing games at 4k/60fps when the eye can't even see past 360p/24fps.

3DS is fine machine (240p?)

Seriously though.... theres a argument to be made for 4k gameing.

By next gen, Playstation 5 / Xbox Two, it ll be the normal resolution of games.

Majora's Mask (3ds) looks like a new game in 4k (emulation).

Yea but with the same resolution, will the Xbox Two be successful or will people just treat it like a middle child because the Ps5 will actually look much better than the PS4/Ps4 Pro? I can't imagine the Xbox Two will be that much better than Scorpio, unless it comes like 5 years after Scorpio launch.

The numbers for 4K tv's are very low. I fully expect good penetration in a few years, but just feel the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X are just a little too soon. Also the increase in hardware is only just about enough to allow for the upgrade from 900p/1080p to 4k with a few extras. So we won't realistically see some serious graphical enhancements until there is alot more power under the hood....so in short NO, not even 6tf of graphical power is enough to get us to the next level.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network

Let's just think of it this way. If the game looks good on the base PS4 it will looks even better on the Pro.

A handheld gamer only (for now).

Radek said:

Let me just say that God Of War on PS4 Slim in 1080p ($249) looks breathtaking, while Crackdown 3 on Xbox Scorpio X in 4K ($499) looks like 2007 game.

Yeah 4k developement isnt easy.

Dulfite said:
JRPGfan said:

Yea but with the same resolution, will the Xbox Two be successful or will people just treat it like a middle child because the Ps5 will actually look much better than the PS4/Ps4 Pro? I can't imagine the Xbox Two will be that much better than Scorpio, unless it comes like 5 years after Scorpio launch.

I thought the past months and years already established that the hardware difference between PS4 and Xbox does not matter at all. XBX could be twice as powerful and half as expensive and it would still sell worse than the OG PS4.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Radek said:
JRPGfan said:

Yeah 4k developement isnt easy.

Crackdown 3 is a horrible showcase for 4K $499 console, this doesn't look remotely close to 2017 games, even multi-plats.

Good luck selling Xbox One X with launch first party exclusive looking like that.

Remember how everyone was saying Xbox Scorpio! True 4k/60.

And then we hear "Crackdown 3 will run 30fps on the scorpio", "Destiny 2 is 30fps on the scorpio", insiders saying theres alot of "parity between Pro & X, for games".

Xbox One X (scorpio) is looking like a more expensive version of a PS4pro, that doesnt just what the pro does.

JRPGfan said:
vivster said:
Yes, it's also why AMD and Nvidia will apply for bankruptcy after this E3 because no one needs higher graphical fidelity than what is possible on the PS4. I mean look at those idiots with their 1080s playing games at 4k/60fps when the eye can't even see past 360p/24fps.

But when ps5 and Xbox4 release, there will be a newer higher quality resolution like 8k or something silly like that and once again people won't be happy they're not getting the best and the whole console upgrade/buy new tv thing happens again. People are constantly playing catch up with specs and resolutions, even when you get the newest console your behind in the lastest visual/performance thing. Hence why I just stuck with what I've got.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website