Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One X is the name of Scorpio

Thought of the name?

Epic! 19 7.95%

Terrible 126 52.72%

Ok 94 39.33%

Total:239
EricHiggin said:
Nuvendil said:
Of for goodness sake, weren't they paying attention when Nintendo added a meaningless letter to the end of a console's predecessor? Why not Xbox One DX? That has an actual meaning. And it sounds similar to Xbox One S while looking the same...

And before anyone points out the S, "S" has an obvious meaning: small or slim. X doesn't convey any positive meaning unless I've stepped out of a time warp into the year 2000.

Xbox One SX actually sounds really cool.  Considering the X sku is smaller than the S, it would have made some sense as well. However, with all of the XxX jokes already going around the web, and considering XB's prior E naming scheme, adding that to the SX could create enough meme's to melt the net. Basically ever since they decided on the One console name they screwed themselves for the entire gen.

Well yes but DX at least has a distinct, pre-established meaning:  Deluxe.  And it's positive.  Adding on X by itself though was rather boneheaded.  

Around the Network
Airaku said:
Pemalite said:
Should have gone Xbox 4k and pushed that marketing angle.

They already pushed that marketing angle with the Xbox One S, which was a lie. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/4k-on-xbox-one-s

I am aware.

But the Xbox One S isn't called the Xbox 4k/Xbox One 4k.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Airaku said:

They already pushed that marketing angle with the Xbox One S, which was a lie. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/4k-on-xbox-one-s

I am aware.

But the Xbox One S isn't called the Xbox 4k/Xbox One 4k.

No it's not and that's fair. I do agree that it should have been called the Xbox 4k or simply just the Xbox Scorpio. Though I suppose "Xbox One X" does make it clear that it's a mid-gen refresh rather than a new console generation and Xbox One X could translate to "Xbox One 10" with the push of Windows 10 cross play?

RolStoppable said:
Is it pronounced X, Cross or 10?

Actually it's not an ex, but a Greek uppercase chi, that's also an abbreviation for Christ, so it will be pronounced "Christ Box One Christ".
In the Bible Belt it will sell like hot cakes!
Some naughty people will call it "Christ BOne Christ", but bigots will try to stone them to death.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

X means 10 in Roman 😉

Around the Network

I think that's a very good name that fits the console very well!

Edit - Double Post. :(

Worst name ever. It's a tongue twister and learns nothing from the WiiU naming farce.

Why didn't they call it XBoxOneWithKnuckles?

Wow the XboneX now it really does sound like a sex toy for women.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Airaku said:
Pemalite said:
Should have gone Xbox 4k and pushed that marketing angle.

"When you set your console resolution to 4K UHD, everything on the console—Home, games, and apps—will display at 4K. 4K content is displayed in its native 4K resolution, and other content (like 1080p content) is upscaled to 4K."

We all know that it's barely upscaling and Microsoft is trying to distract you and trick you with the word "content". Phil Spencer always uses the word "content" over the word "games" most of the time. It's a bullshit bait and switch that actually gets to the more casual market. Tons of uneducated gamers thought the Xbox One S was the answer to the PS4 Pro. Now I wonder if they will fail to know the difference between the Xbox One S and the Xbox One X. Perhaps they will see two 4k machines and go with the cheaper price? This naming is more confusing than the Wii U's name to the untrained casuals.

Last year all the XBox One S bundles had the 4K logo on Bestbuy.ca while ps4 pro only had a core model and no 4K. The 4K logo is gone now and the description has been adjusted as well to 4K video and HDR games. But true, the whole 4K marketing angle has already been heavily used last year.