By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Geoff Keighley: Scorpio to cost $499

Still getting day1 if true?

yes. 51 13.39%

no. 302 79.27%

maybe. 28 7.35%

Total:381

The scorpio won't make a dent on PS4 sales.

It's only downhill from here for Microsoft.

Around the Network
GeoffKeighley said:

Unless something changes today, that is what will be announced.

Thanks Geoff. That'll be all.

lol

GeoffKeighley said:

lol

Double the price just to possibly see the white blood cells separated from the reds in all the shooting everything that moves titles that will be 90% of the library available? Not worth it.,..

JRPGfan said:
aLkaLiNE said:

A well known gaming journalist. Has a big following. No doubt has industry connections.

IF this is true, and that's a very big IF, then it seems that management over at Xbox continues to make bad decisions. $400 was the price that I think a lot of people were anticipating and this will be a huge blow to momentum out the gate. 

Sony had to cut corners, to make the PS4pro able to hit 400$, and not sell at a loss.

Scorpio was always going to be more expensive than it, unless MS was willing to sell it at a loss.

People just had unrealistic expectations of what price such a console would be.

Scorpio would still cost more than Pro, if the former were $400 and the latter reduced to $350. I'm honestly kind of surprised. I've figured they'd hit $400 for sure at launch, but again, let's wait for official information.

Around the Network

I was expecting $499 as were most. Was hoping for $399 though.

KLAMarine said:
GeoffKeighley said:

lol

Whoever runs that account, is on point, and always quick with a witty reply.

Crazy if true, surprised Vasto didn't post this, he's been very active lately

On one hand Phil Spencer has repeatedly said that this is a premium device and would be priced as one which makes me think maybe this price is believable, and on the other hand I still feel like it could still possibly be cheaper since I feel like Microsoft knows $399 would be the massive megaton of a good price for this thing to get a lot of people to buy, but perhaps that's hoping for too much considering how powerful it seems to be.

I wouldn't say that it has no chance like some people will try to say if it's $500, but if it's true then that just makes me feel like Microsoft should have just stuck with the base Xbox One/Xbox One S for a while and just launched a true next gen console in the next few years.

That means $600 here, and that is one sale less for MS. They really were hinting at $399, but if this is true, well it is a massive mistake on the part of the Xbox team...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).