By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Geoff Keighley: Scorpio to cost $499

Still getting day1 if true?

yes. 51 13.39%

no. 302 79.27%

maybe. 28 7.35%

Total:381
FloatingWaffles said:

On one hand Phil Spencer has repeatedly said that this is a premium device and would be priced as one, and on the other hand I still feel like it could still possibly be cheaper since I feel like Microsoft knows $399 would be the massive megaton of a good price for this thing to get a lot of people to buy, but perhaps that's hoping for too much considering how powerful it seems to be.

I wouldn't say that it has no chance like some people will try to say if it's $500, but if it's true then that just makes me feel like Microsoft should have just stuck with the base Xbox One/Xbox One S for a while and just launched a true next gen console in the next few years.

It's expensive, but if true me will show you why it's worth it today. And you and many people will buy it.

Around the Network

Sounds reasonable to me, a mid-power PC is more expansive.

Barkley said:
Barney ain't gonna be happy if this is true.

No, I ain't gonna be happy. Keep in mind, we Canadians pay $100 more for consoles. There is no way in hell I invest $600 into a mid-gen upgrade. If it is $399, then it is $499 here, and that I can stomach.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

i think that guy is wrong/lying, like no way it will be 499 dollar, especially after those leaks or what was showing the picture for 399 dollar after the scorpio teaser and Microsoft must know they cant go higher thatn 399 Dollar and that will be the perfect price so it can pick up momentum.
Now when they will announce the 399 Dollar later on, it will be a stunning announcment since nobody will expect it now.
Xbox One S will be 200 Dollar this Holiday, like a 300 Dollar Difference, NOOO WAY !!! 200 Dollar difference will be good.

JESUS CHRIST, . When they said it'd be a premium console, they meant it. At least they'll be future proofing when PS5 arrives.

Around the Network
Playstation_awaiter said:
FloatingWaffles said:

On one hand Phil Spencer has repeatedly said that this is a premium device and would be priced as one, and on the other hand I still feel like it could still possibly be cheaper since I feel like Microsoft knows $399 would be the massive megaton of a good price for this thing to get a lot of people to buy, but perhaps that's hoping for too much considering how powerful it seems to be.

I wouldn't say that it has no chance like some people will try to say if it's $500, but if it's true then that just makes me feel like Microsoft should have just stuck with the base Xbox One/Xbox One S for a while and just launched a true next gen console in the next few years.

It's expensive, but if true me will show you why it's worth it today. And you and many people will buy it.

I personally probably won't since i've stated multiple times on this site that I don't like the idea of mid-gen refresh consoles (unless it's shown today that Scorpio is actually more than just a mid-gen refresh) since they feel pointless to me and would rather both Sony and Microsoft have just stuck with their base models throughout the whole gen, but I do hope Microsoft does have a fantasitc E3 showing today and, whatever price it may be, hopefully they do show why it's worth buying outside of just the sheer power of it. (though I guess that's the whole point of it in the end lol). I just want them to show some amazing games on it. 

$500 sounds right from what MS had been saying, but $400 was the competitive pricepoint. Will be curious to see how the units move.

Fucked it

It's about what some of us were thinking, but higher than what we were hoping.

Also, we now have Geoff saying $500 and Pachter saying $400. Who will be right?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Hiku said:
aLkaLiNE said:

Scorpio would still cost more than Pro, if the former were $400 and the latter reduced to $350. I'm honestly kind of surprised. I've figured they'd hit $400 for sure at launch, but again, let's wait for official information.

If that's the case, why do you think Phil kept reiterating the "premium price" narrative? $399 is a standard console launch price. Even when compareds to the current low prices of XBO and PS4, they wouldn't have to scare off their consumers in advance by saying such things. On top of that, he made a direct comparison to the Elite Controller. It goes for $140 on Amazon.

Because he wants people to believe he's selling them a premium product at an affordable price. Im still skeptical though, I think it'll be $400.