By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3, MS' desperation/wise move, Nintendo's cowardice/cheapness, report card, etc. UPDATE!

Who will win E3?

Microsoft 29 13.06%

Sony 90 40.54%

Nintendo 73 32.88%

Someone else 6 2.70%

See results. 24 10.81%

Total:222

What a load off nonsense

Around the Network

I expect Sony to have the strongest game(s) showing
Nintendo to have a good all round showing.
Microsoft to have the best hardware showing.

Overall I think the winner will be up to interpretation. Most people will say Sony is the winner because game(s) are most important and they own that console, fair.

People who don't own a high-end pc and want 4k experience will most likely give Microsoft the slice of the pie because it will be a big step up from PS4 Pro because of the memory bandwidth and amount, fair

People who own or want a switch will want to see what they can do with it and I expect Nintendo to show whats coming and obviously nintendo would win if you are in that camp.

I voted for nintendo since I want a switch but don't see the drive with its current line up especially since I own zelda and mario kart on the switch so it will be most exciting.

Personally I already want a scorpio so its going to be a nice "bonus'' but I am already convinced and really excited about Microsoft overall.

My 2013 ps4 has been an exclusive machine for anything that doesn't come out on pc although I would rather play the games with a different controller its been a wonderful console overall and I expect that trend to continue.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Its hard to win E3 when a company is announcing new Hardware. Sony I predict they will show the same games as last E3 with afew more 3rd party announcements, Nintendo I expect a little more on the games front however MS with Scorpio plus if they show a bunch of games on top of the Scorpio than rest in peace E3.
Anyway who really cares who wins? Lets just watch and enjoy the show.

If you're so 'nice' to count the Nintendo direct, and so adamant about Microsoft being brave by going first. Maybe we should count the Pokémon Direct huh? That puts Nintendo almost 4 days before the first E3 press conference, isn't that so brave?

Is this topic real? is this real life? If so why? So much cringe in the OP.

Around the Network

Sigh... so many triggered people posting trash. The OP has a right to his opinion and gave it. Gives yours or shut up. No one cares about you trying to discredit him and giving 0 input. Can we have a thread where it's not about fan wars and it's about E3? Seriously... i came here expecting a nice debate and theories and all i see is waste of time trash talk. Can we have a normal conversation without allowing fan views to completely cloud the ability to have a conversation? Rather than focus on the OP focus on giving your own opinion on events.

I'm so distated that i don't even feel like sharing my views but here we go.

I think MS is in trouble. I doubt scorpio will make a huge difference but they have to make it feel like it does. In general what led them to this point was arrogance and mismanagement. I think that to turn things around they have to review their overall strategy. They can't keep going like this. They need to show that they have first party power. Just a few IP's isn't enough for a first party.

Sony has nothing to lose. They can literally do whatever they want.

Nintendo really needs to show us how the switch isn't just another Wii U in terms of support. I don't think having a conference in the show is necessary. They are just admiting that they aren't very good at organising those and the edited directs work best for them.

Here we go.
Nintendo: really excited for them. I was quite worried about the Switch but I have to say that their sales have been admirable. Plus, I've been loving my Switch after skipping the WiiU
I'd love to see what they do, especially Mario! The Switch store should get a bit more lively.
I'm hoping for info on MH, Fire Emblem, new installments in older franchises and a ton of Twitter snark about Rabbids ;)
I think the Direct model works really well for their quirkier presentations, though seeing the Nintendo's Lonely Hearts Club Band (head-canon) live would be fantastic.

Sony: They have been on a roll lately, and after E3 2016 I don't know what to expect.
Last E3 was well paced and presented us with new games at every turn. I might prefer to their 2015 presentation.
Particularly interested in more info on GoW, though the new direction may be a though sell for some.
They could probably just show already announced games, but they tend to have one bombshell or two, so who knows. I'll be up at 3 am to find out.

Microsoft: *sigh. Look, I've been very down on them, but I directly relate it to buying their console 2 years ago, so...
Their presentation last year was a top to bottom disaster (remember Hololens?): poorly scripted, ineptly paced with announcement seemingly pulled at random, making games I was actually excited for seem awful. Sea of Thieves was made a massive disservice.
The only way they could convince is by pushing games first and foremost, but nothing in their tenure over the past 4 years suggest they plan to do that.
I expect they will have bought an exclusive (which is sure to go down well), but otherwise they'll stick to their "drive the car, shoot the gun" approach to game releases. I will skip it due to uni finals, but I wouldn't have watched it anyway.

Nem said:
Sigh... so many triggered people posting trash. The OP has a right to his opinion and gave it. Gives yours or shut up. No one cares about you trying to discredit him and giving 0 input. Can we have a thread where it's not about fan wars and it's about E3? Seriously... i came here expecting a nice debate and theories and all i see is waste of time trash talk. Can we have a normal conversation without allowing fan views to completely cloud the ability to have a conversation? Rather than focus on the OP focus on giving your own opinion on events.

I think MS is in trouble. I doubt scorpio will make a huge difference but they have to make it feel like it does. In general what let them to this point was arrogance and mismanagement. I think that to turn things around they have to review their overall strategy. They can't keep going like this.

Nintendo really needs to show us how the switch isn't just another Wii U in terms of support. I don't think having a conference in the show is necessary. They are just admiting that they aren't very good at organising those and the edited directs work best for them.

Probably because the OP has a history of talking negatively about Nintendo, and I'm using the term 'negatively' very liberally.

If the OP could word his post better, sure we could have a nice debate, but no, he had to title the thread 'Nintendo's Cowardice/Cheapness'. He probably could have triggered people less is if he didn't be 'nice' and just not mention Nintendo.

JC317 said:
Nem said:

I think MS is in trouble. I doubt scorpio will make a huge difference but they have to make it feel like it does. In general what let them to this point was arrogance and mismanagement. I think that to turn things around they have to review their overall strategy. They can't keep going like this.

Probably because the OP has a history of talking negatively about Nintendo, and I'm using the term 'negatively' very liberally.

If the OP could word his post better, sure we could have a nice debate, but no, he had to title the thread 'Nintendo's Cowardice/Cheapness'. He probably could have triggered people less is if he didn't be 'nice' and just not mention Nintendo.

That is his opinion and he is entitled to it. He doesn't have to word it better unless it infringes on forums rules.

This happens alot with Nintendo fans. Stop getting triggered so easily! It's really boring. Different people have different opinions. Just live with it. You can show your own opinion and have the same effect. 

You are hung up on things that do not matter anymore. There are plenty of other Nintendo concerns you could have addressed. Your Microsoft assessment may be partially right. Your PS4 assessment is only true for the current situation, but in the game industry, we have learned the the right series of circumstances can turn everything on its head.