By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rant: MS making a big mistake with the Scorpio, Escape To Gaming

Ruler said:
malistix1985 said:
topics like this make me happy I main on PC lol, anyway, phil spencer is awesome and nintendo recovered with the switch and the ps4 is on top with a really good start to the gen, everyone can co-excist and lets be happy they are not all trying to offer the excact same thing.

Options are good.

I dissagree. There are plenty of options to play these online multiplayer games espacially on PC, not so much singleplayer anymore

If you prefer to play with a controller PC is a pretty horrible place for some multiplayer games, trust me on this oh my god lol

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network
malistix1985 said:
Ruler said:

I dissagree. There are plenty of options to play these online multiplayer games espacially on PC, not so much singleplayer anymore

If you prefer to play with a controller PC is a pretty horrible place for some multiplayer games, trust me on this oh my god lol

And that justifies singleplayer dying out?

I disagree with his stance on McDonald's seasonal sandwiches.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Aeolus451 said:
thismeintiel said:

Personally, I hope it is true. I think a market where it's just Nintendo focusing on handhelds/hybrids and Sony focusing on powerful home consoles is a bright future. They both offer unique enough of an experience and games for their customers.

That sounds good but it's a bad thing overall in my opinion. Without any competition threatening their piece of the pie, we're gonna miss out on alot of deals that would have happened. Also, the people who liked ms games, are gonna miss out. If MS exits then another company needs to jump in.

Here comes the Atari box to fill the gap.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

thismeintiel said:

Personally, I hope it is true. I think a market where it's just Nintendo focusing on handhelds/hybrids and Sony focusing on powerful home consoles is a bright future. They both offer unique enough of an experience and games for their customers.

Thats the stupidest thing i have read this morning.

Want Sony to monopolise the Home Console market? Haha okay. Enjoy paying $1000 for the PS5. *Caugh PS3 era*

Sorry you clearly dont know what benefits the console industry.

Around the Network
Ruler said:
malistix1985 said:

And that justifies singleplayer dying out?

you like what ps4 is doing, power to you, enjoy it, I DO 2

I also like what microsoft is doing I recommend that console to a ton of people, cheap gamepass service is great for families and their co op in games and the ability to play with your friends is unmatched and games like state of decay (co op / SP only) and also games like Forza horizon (SP or MP/mixed) show that you dont have to have one withoud the other and you can give people both a great SP and MP experience.

I don't think SP games would ever die and you can see the focus to games as services from almost every company and even games like Destiny 2 are supposed to be more enjoyable single player right, like the division was, and they are also MP focused games.

The business is moving in directions and you like sony well go play on ps4 and enjoy it but I love the things Phil Spencer is doing and fully support (most) of their plans.

Ans yeah sure I own a ps4 and play single player games like Persona and Nioh but generally its the games that are those services most people spend most time in anyway I've got over 300 hours in Forza and Gears on PC and I would recommend a Xbox to anyone who loves good value, playing with friends etc, its not all bad man and thats what you are kind of making it look like sometimes.

All the big 3 rule man and yeah OPTIONS also meens chosing between a SP or more MP focus and judging by sales most people agree with you and about 30% of the people prefer the other xD

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Peh said:
Aeolus451 said:

That sounds good but it's a bad thing overall in my opinion. Without any competition threatening their piece of the pie, we're gonna miss out on alot of deals that would have happened. Also, the people who liked ms games, are gonna miss out. If MS exits then another company needs to jump in.

I wouldn't count that as filling in the gap until we know what it is. If it is a modern console, will it have any games to support it? My guess is that It's probably like that nintendo nes classic. 

Aeolus451 said:
Peh said:

I wouldn't count that as filling in the gap until we know what it is. If it is a modern console, will it have any games to support it? My guess is that It's probably like that nintendo nes classic. 

That was not meant to be taken serious due to the lack of information on that box.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Peh said:
Aeolus451 said:

That was not meant to be taken serious due to the lack of information on that box.

You said it in a serious way. *shrugs

They could try online only / always online thing again.... or just see what happened 2013... managers will never learn... you need gamers on the top of the company