By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rant: MS making a big mistake with the Scorpio, Escape To Gaming

Peh said:
Azzanation said:

If the 360 didnt exist, many gamers would have no choice in buying a PS3 which would mean that the $800 price tag of the PS3 would have worked for Sony and that the PS4 would have continued the price hikes. Thanks to the 360 for putting Sony in there place last gen, we now have afforable next gen consoles. Dont assume Sony were going to lower the PS4 price based off no info. Sony was raising there prices on all the consoles every generation which means that the PS4 would have been the same until they started losing marketshare and customers. History proves this.

Did you know that the PS4 was rumoured to use 4gig of GDDR5 ram until leaks heard that the XB1 was going with 8gigs DDR3? If true than theres another benefit the Xbox did for Playstation.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/06/12/if-you-go-with-4gb-of-gddr5-ram-on-ps4-you-are-done-said-randy-pitchford/

Are you going to ignore all the things Sony took straight from the Xbox brand? Your going to act like we dont need Xbox?

Let me make a short list for you of the things that Sony took straight from MS/Xbox

PSN (Live) 

Trophies (Achievements) 

Home Button (Xbox 360 Controller)

Analog Triggers (Xbox 360 Controller)

Built in Harddrives (OXbox)

Built in Ethernet (OXbox)

Just naming afew things that help make Playstation better. Thats competition. Lets forget the things Sony took straight from Nintendo because that will require way took much time on my behalf.

You want competition or you will be taken advantage of.

It's like Nintendo doesn't exists in your world.

Why do you say that? I own a Switch and my favourite console of all time is the N64.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Peh said:

It's like Nintendo doesn't exists in your world.

Why do you say that? I own a Switch and my favourite console of all time is the N64.

Because Nintendo would held the price down on Sony's consoles even if there is no xbox.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Peh said:
Azzanation said:

Because Nintendo would held the price down on Sony's consoles even if there is no xbox.

I'm not so sure of this. A home console and a hybrid are not exactly in the same market.

KLAMarine said:
Peh said:

I'm not so sure of this. A home console and a hybrid are not exactly in the same market.

I'm referring to this: 

"If the 360 didnt exist, many gamers would have no choice in buying a PS3 which would mean that the $800 price tag of the PS3 would have worked for Sony and that the PS4 would have continued the price hikes. Thanks to the 360 for putting Sony in there place last gen, we now have afforable next gen consoles"

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Peh said:
KLAMarine said:

I'm referring to this: 

"If the 360 didnt exist, many gamers would have no choice in buying a PS3 which would mean that the $800 price tag of the PS3 would have worked for Sony and that the PS4 would have continued the price hikes. Thanks to the 360 for putting Sony in there place last gen, we now have afforable next gen consoles"

Oh, I see now. Thanks.

Around the Network

I just noticed this video is 30 minutes long.

Dammit Ruler! How about a brief summary?

This is almost as bad as when you were defending ISIS.