By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back Announced for PS4 and PC.

Your Reaction?

What could possibly go wrong? 28 100.00%

Total:28

The unthinkable has happened...

Original Article: https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/8/15762950/a-new-bubsy-video-game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCA3j59IrfQ

Update: 1 on 1 Interview With Bubsy...prepare yourself...

==================================================================================================================================

One-on-One Interview with Bubsy the Bobcat

Bubsy the Bobcat was a gaming legend in the 90s with titles on the Jaguar, SNES, PlayStation, Genesis and PC that skyrocketed to the middle of the charts. Suddenly, Bubsy was gone… he dropped out of sight, left the business and left no forwarding address. In 2015 Bubsy Two-Fur, a Bubsy homage, appeared on Steam with the help of the votes of over 60,000 fans (and a few against). Today, following the announcement of the all new Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back, we sat down with the elusive Bobcat and discussed his past, his disappearance and the new game.

Reporter: Bubsy, why after all these years are you coming back now?

Bubsy: I found a residual check for Bubsy Two-Fur in my PO Box. That’s when I knew: Yeah, I’m thinking I’m back.

Reporter: So you were out the game business entirely before then. How did you live? What did you do to earn a living?

Bubsy: I realized that I couldn’t get any lower after the unauthorized indie pixel games and deeveeart portraits. But then I got a call from a Q-List producer from Liechtenstein. Seems Liechtenstein is the 6th smallest country but also the richest! Plus, they LOOOOVE me there.

Reporter: So you made more games?

Bubsy: I made movies… Really bad movies. Like, Bubsy 3D… bad movies.

Reporter: Would we have heard of any of them?

Bubsy: I don’t know…. The Good, The Bad and the BobcatBubsy and the Lost ArkBobcats of the Caribbean, and of course my favorite, The Sound of Bubsy, a musical starring me and Julie Anderson.

Reporter: These all sound weirdly familiar.

Bubsy: Of course they do! It’s Liechtenstein. There are like 7 people, but tickets are REEALLY expensive.

Reporter: So why did you stop?

Bubsy: A lawyer finally moved into Liechtenstein and told the producer that he couldn’t make “other peoples’” movies anymore.

Reporter: And then came Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back?

Bubsy: Well, I moved back to LA – but they had already rented out the apartment I had 20 years ago, those monsters. I was pretty down on my luck and considered auditioning as Crash Bandicoot’s stunt double.

Reporter: No!

Bubsy: Yeeeesssss! But then I got THE call.

Reporter: From Accolade?

Bubsy: I don’t know, my agent got the call. Anyway, I read the script.

Reporter: And you loved it!

Bubsy: It stars ME! I have all the dialog, what’s NOT to love! AND, they were going to pay me! Also, I thought the modern retelling of the story of man as told by a Bobcat, was pretty cool too.

Reporter: …it’s a platforming game right?

Bubsy: Running, jumping, gliding… they’re all metaphors for life. Just ask Mario.

Reporter: Do you know Mario?

Bubsy: No, what’s your point?

Reporter: Do you think the new game, Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back will propel you back to the top? Errr the middle?

Bubsy: I’m counting on it!

Reporter: Well, what could possibly go wrong?

==================================================================================================================================

Around the Network

lol ok...

Oh my fucking God, I can't believe this is actually a thing. And how is it being made by Accolade? I thought they were dead? I have to say though, the music does bring back nostalgia, as I had the original Bubsy game myself.

Wait, what? This is my childhood right there, cant believe this shit.

When memes go too far

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Oh my fucking God, I can't believe this is actually a thing. And how is it being made by Accolade? I thought they were dead? I have to say though, the music does bring back nostalgia, as I had the original Bubsy game myself.

You poor soul, what can we do to help you? Nostalgia....for Bubsy. You need therapy

Wow... i guess that Sonic forces thing was very intentional. Bubsy has a bad rep cause of bubsy 3D but the 2D games were reasonably popular, so this isn't a total disaster.

How did this game and publisher come back....?

QUAKECore89 said:

How did this game and publisher come back....?

lmfao, your guess is as good as anybody's. Maybe the Sonic Forces Bubsy hype gave them motivation. XD

At least they learned that the camera was way too close on the first game

Will it be better than Shaq Fu: A legend reborn? Or will they both fu it up again? Although to be fair, they would both have to try hard t make it as bad or even worse than their respective predecessors

So, what's next? A Cheetahmen Remake?