By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game does Scorpio need to blow us away at E3?

If you try to be objective, you should be blown away by a new Forza at 4k / 60FPS or a new Assassin's Creed showing some stunning visuals.

Oh and I would kill for a new mainline Fable.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
If you try to be objective, you should be blown away by a new Forza at 4k / 60FPS or a new Assassin's Creed showing some stunning visuals.

Oh and I would kill for a new mainline Fable.

Why would anybody be blown away by games we already know are 100% coming to Xbox?

Seriously, if anyone is "blown away" by sequels to long running franchises or yearly multiplats then they're too easily pleased...

wait, you can't be blown away by sequels?
When Forza 7 looks phenomenal, heads and shoulders above every other racing game before, I can't be blown away, because I knew the game was coming out?!

I know there will be HUNDREDS of games coming to Xbox anyway, RDR2, Battlefront, Assassin's Creed, etc. They need to show great visuals to let everybody know, these games will look best on Scorpio. 

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Here's an idea, how about a new AAA IP for once? Nintendo and Sony have new IPs for their new generations, microsoft is still on the Halo-Gears-Forza triangle. New 'console', time for a completely new title, something unlike we've ever seen.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Miraculous games pulled out a magic hat.

Hunting Season is done...

piopakk said:

Current widespread thinking is that Scorpio really needs to announce some system-seller games, and to surprise with something stellar and unique at E3, for MS to have a chance of Scorpio not being DOA this holiday.

They need an annoucement of:

• Halo 6 (would amass a lot of xbox360 gamers)
  • A new Splinter Cell? (heard rumor that this could be their surprise game). Last splinter cell released 2013. But Ubisoft owns the IP, and would Ubisoft release a exclusive game for the Xbox  platform, avoiding potential of selling to 60+ million PS4 gamers?
  • A new console friendly Age of Empires RTS? (could be big surprise. A beloved franchise for PC gamers)
  • A new Perfect Dark Zero? (don't know the strength in that IP, but doubtfull it could be a showstopper)
  • A new Fable? (yet Lionhead is closed, don't believe a new AAA Fable is underway)
  • A new Gears? (That franchise has gotten tired, needs a reboot, but don't believe that is happening anytime soon)

My answer to you about splinter cell being exclusive to Xbox it's all about money if Microsoft fund  the game I sure Ubisoft will be happy to have it exclusive to Xbox 

Around the Network

a playstation exclusive.

What they need is Scorpio to be obviously an incredible upgrade over the current consoles - visual and otherwise - and both a cheap af price and a trade-in program of sorts for whatever system you got. Basically make the most deluxe, luxurious machine possible, and make it as easy as possible to get. That's about as much as I can hope for from MS. Some interesting new MS-funded games would be ideal, but unlikely.

If they can secure a platform exclusive of Half Life 3 (even if it is timed) for the Scorpio release, they will wipe the floor with Sony. Likewise if Sony can get a platform exclusive of HL3 for PS4, Scorpio wouldn't have a chance.

Microsoft need exlusive games, that definitely wouldn't be able to run on the PS4/Pro for them to have any chance of selling decent numbers. Let's hope they've tested the hardware extensively and there aren't any Red Ring of Death scenarios lurking.

Lots of exclusive AAA games. Lots.

CartBlanche said:

If they can secure a platform exclusive of Half Life 3 (even if it is timed) for the Scorpio release, they will wipe the floor with Sony. Likewise if Sony can get a platform exclusive of HL3 for PS4, Scorpio wouldn't have a chance.

Microsoft need exlusive games, that definitely wouldn't be able to run on the PS4/Pro for them to have any chance of selling decent numbers. Let's hope they've tested the hardware extensively and there aren't any Red Ring of Death scenarios lurking.

This makes no sense lol, any game on Xbox one Scorpio needs to run on Xbox one of which would mean PS4 and PS4 pro could easily run it.