By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game does Scorpio need to blow us away at E3?

For a lot of people on this site, nothing.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:

Don't think that's a bad thing, some people just may not like ms style of exclusives.

Playstation_awaiter said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Don't think that's a bad thing, some people just may not like ms style of exclusives.

MS could do 50 new IP's all really varied and most here still wouldn't care.

Not just 1, but many, and not involved with Halo, Gears or Forza. Xbox One needs to add variety and drop the "same old shit" feeling it has.

Also, Suikoden VI.

DirtyP2002 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Why would anybody be blown away by games we already know are 100% coming to Xbox?

Seriously, if anyone is "blown away" by sequels to long running franchises or yearly multiplats then they're too easily pleased...

wait, you can't be blown away by sequels?
When Forza 7 looks phenomenal, heads and shoulders above every other racing game before, I can't be blown away, because I knew the game was coming out?!

I know there will be HUNDREDS of games coming to Xbox anyway, RDR2, Battlefront, Assassin's Creed, etc. They need to show great visuals to let everybody know, these games will look best on Scorpio. 

If they're targeting 4k/60fps it'll probably be comparable to Forza 6 Apex. That's still wholly impressive for a console, but even the Scorpio is ultimately 'just' a good mid-range PC overall (high end of mid-range including console optimisation). It can do 4k/60fps, or it can be "heads and shoulders above every other racing game before", but both at the same time would be a challenge even on an 1080 Ti.

Anyway, i think 'mind blowing' is a fairly relative term. I'd personally only use it if something is not only impressive, but far exceeds my expectations. Forza 5 and GT Sport for example are both a generation jump over their predecessors, but neither blew me away because they looked about like what i expected.

Around the Network
malistix1985 said:
They won't show halo 6 but they don't need to announce it we will see it next year.

They promised the Scorpio will do native 4k and deliver better quality experiences in third party games then the PS4/PS4 Pro so all they need to do is show this.

New games etc are not connected directly to the Scorpio but to the xbox platform in general, sure they need good games and crackdown 3 and state of decay 2 also need a good showing.

But most important is just the general thing that they need to keep their promise of 4k gaming and with the extra memory, memory bus and more powerfull hardware in general I think the scorpio will have a strong showing.

When did they promise anything for third party games? I only remember them talking about their own games. You aren't going to see every third party title start hitting native 4k. It should just happen a lot more than Pro, and maybe even in genres outside of remasters/sports/indies.

Anyways if they showcase Crackdown 3 with some impressive in game destruction going on and then give us a 4k Forza and showcase State of Decay 2 then I'm golden. I don't need to have my mind blown, those instances rarely ever live up to the hype.

Playstation_awaiter said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Scorpio could cure cance, VGC would still hate on it.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

LudicrousSpeed said:

When did they promise anything for third party games? I only remember them talking about their own games. You aren't going to see every third party title start hitting native 4k. It should just happen a lot more than Pro, and maybe even in genres outside of remasters/sports/indies.

Anyways if they showcase Crackdown 3 with some impressive in game destruction going on and then give us a 4k Forza and showcase State of Decay 2 then I'm golden. I don't need to have my mind blown, those instances rarely ever live up to the hype.

Didn't phil spencer say "scorpio will be the best place to play third party games" on his twitter and im also quite sure he said it on podcast unlocked, anyway, he said it ! :p

Twitter @CyberMalistix

malistix1985 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Didn't phil spencer say "scorpio will be the best place to play third party games" on his twitter and im also quite sure he said it on podcast unlocked, anyway, he said it ! :p

That doesn't mean they have to hit native 4k on Scorpio though. But unless the dev is lazy or incompetent, all third party games should run better on Scorpio.

Revive scalebound.