By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 29th May - 4th Jun 2017

Mummelmann said:
Wow, Tekken kinda bombed! And just how bad is the stock situation for Switch in Japan?

You can see yourself.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1385292

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Ps4 21k mmmhm

JRPGfan said:

23,5k Switch
21,3k PS4
167 XB1

Hmmm.... atleast PS4 is over 20k.

Am I missing something? It says 15,8k on the first page?

Mbolibombo said:
leo-j said:
Ps4 21k mmmhm

JRPGfan said:

23,5k Switch
21,3k PS4
167 XB1

Hmmm.... atleast PS4 is over 20k.

The 5,500 PS4pro sales that go along side the 15,8k PS4slim.

Added up and its abit over 21,3k PS4's in total.

torok said:
Teeqoz said:

Gonna bomb in the west too I bet. SFV all over again.

Also, are stocks still this low? It was pushing 40k per week before, why would Ninty reduce shipments to Japan?

Let's see. It wat number 1 on the UK, first of the franchise to do it after Tekken 3.

Japanese game market is quite pathetic these days. Only the Switch has a chance of saving it, but it is mostly low budget games that are barely AA. Some quality stuff, but none of the big budget experiences. PS360 gen and the HD transition killed most Japanese studios, except the ones that could adapt to a western-like development process.

Sony Japan Studio is a prime example of that, they became inneficient and barely produce games nowadays. The only big AAA they do is GT, but they can't even release the game in a timely manner, while the western devs like Santa Monica, Guerrilla and ND are just releasing succesful games in sequence.

Japan  studio's  ia not making  gt sport..

They made

( helped) with  bloodborne  

Gravity  rush 1 and 2.

The last guardian. 

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

RolStoppable said:
Mbolibombo said:

PS4 Pro sales. Media Create breaks down sales by SKU.

JRPGfan said:
Mbolibombo said:

The 5,500 PS4pro sales that go along side the 15,8k PS4slim.

Added up and its abit over 21,3k PS4's in total.

Silly me, missed that.

Thanks.

Around the Network
xl-klaudkil said:

Japan  studio's  ia not making  gt sport..

They made

( helped) with  bloodborne  

Gravity  rush 1 and 2.

The last guardian. 

Isn't Poliphony officially part of Japan Studios. If they aren't their track record is even worse nowadays. The Last Guardian took a decade, Bloodborne was just a little hand. Only the 2 GRs were developed in a reasonable timeframe.

Anyway, we also have other titles like Freedom Wars. But mostly, no AAA.

Miyamotoo said:
DaveTheMinion13 said:
PS4 looking to almost pass Switch already

If it didn't post this week (new game for PS4 and very low suply for Switch), hardly will pass it any time soon, expect if Nintendo ships less than 20k Switch consoles for next week.

Regardless........a 3 and a half year old system shouldnt be that close to a 3 month old system.......not a good sign imho

Preston Scott

DaveTheMinion13 said:
Miyamotoo said:

If it didn't post this week (new game for PS4 and very low suply for Switch), hardly will pass it any time soon, expect if Nintendo ships less than 20k Switch consoles for next week.

Regardless........a 3 and a half year old system shouldnt be that close to a 3 month old system.......not a good sign imho

Considering the PS3 a 7 and a half year old system, never mind sold close to, but outsold a 3 month old system (PS4) in Japan, I wouldn't worry.

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41777/Japan/

Btw before you mention it the PS4 was 3 months old at the time since it released in Japan late Febuary.

05./04. [3DS] Monster Hunter Double Cross (Capcom) {2017.03.18} (¥5.800) - 12.263 / 1.502.606 (+10%)

Is it too early for switch version anticipation to hurt the legs of the game, or the opposite will happen?
( Because of crossplay, e.t.c...)

Good legs for Zelda, considering it isn't too popular in Japan