By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would you buy: Super Nintendo Classic mini or Scorpio?

Buy Snes mini or Scorpio

Snes mini 238 65.21%

Scorpio 50 13.70%

Wait for N64 mini 24 6.58%

None of them 53 14.52%

Total:365
Ka-pi96 said:
None. Couldn't give a crap about a single SNES game. Before my time so I have no nostalgia for it and 8 bit games look like trash now, so no interest whatsoever. As for Scorpio, I already own an Xbox One, why would I want another one?

Well shit, Ka-pi, tell us how you really feel about our beloved.  Or at least get the bit count right!

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network

On one hand you have an unofficial console that will play retro games. On the other hand you have an official console that will be the most powerful console on the market, however, it is kept back due to the current lack of exclusive software (this might change come E3).

They both aim to achieve very different things. The SNES Mini isn't meant to go up against any other console. It is strictly a console for fans of retro and/or Nintendo games. Whereas the Scorpio is definitely aiming to be a competitive machine.

That being said... I choose the SNES Mini.

Sorry Xbox.

AlfredoTurkey said:
I have a real SNES and N64... these mini consoles are useless for me.

I also have them, but are you aware about difference of real NES and NES Mini when they are played on LCD TV!?

Miyamotoo said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
I have a real SNES and N64... these mini consoles are useless for me.

I also have them, but are you aware about difference of real NES and NES Mini when they are played on LCD TV!?

That's blasphemy!

If money isn't an issue Scorpio, easily.

I can already play Snes games, I don't need to buy a toaster in a fancy case to emulate snes games, any device released in the past decade can do it.

You should spend your money on an original nes/snes not these classic models.

Around the Network

both

Ka-pi96 said:
None. Couldn't give a crap about a single SNES game. Before my time so I have no nostalgia for it and 8 bit games look like trash now, so no interest whatsoever. As for Scorpio, I already own an Xbox One, why would I want another one?

SNES is 16 bit tho.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Scorpio, the SNES has been 100% reverse engineered by emulators.

Besides, it will never have another game you can't play right now already.

Discouraging that one of the main reasons to skip SNES Classic is because "I can steal the games elsewhere."

If money wasn't an option I'd go with both, but if I could only have one I'd probably go with SNES Classic. Neither system will have exclusives but I imagine I'd get many more hours of enjoyment out of the SNES library, even if it's limited to 30 games. Just make sure the cords are long enough...

just emulatethe n64 on pc