By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would you buy: Super Nintendo Classic mini or Scorpio?

Buy Snes mini or Scorpio

Snes mini 238 65.21%

Scorpio 50 13.70%

Wait for N64 mini 24 6.58%

None of them 53 14.52%

Total:365
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Discouraging that one of the main reasons to skip SNES Classic is because "I can steal the games elsewhere."

If money wasn't an option I'd go with both, but if I could only have one I'd probably go with SNES Classic. Neither system will have exclusives but I imagine I'd get many more hours of enjoyment out of the SNES library, even if it's limited to 30 games. Just make sure the cords are long enough...

Typical climate change denier. Stealing digital goods is way more eco friendly than having another plastic box nobody needs.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Snes mini OBVIOUSLY. Its the best console in history and there just too many games, where do I begin?

PS2 mini would be my 2nd choice.

None. Even if money wasn't an issue I'd be more happy keeping my money then buying either of those.

No one would pick Scorpio, let's be real.

Snes mini, why would anyone chose Xbox one Scorpio, it's just a more powerful Xbox one with all the same issues.no compelling exclusives if you aren't a FGH fan.

Around the Network

I still have a functioning SNES, but a backup with a good line up of games would be great.

Miyamotoo said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
I have a real SNES and N64... these mini consoles are useless for me.

I also have them, but are you aware about difference of real NES and NES Mini when they are played on LCD TV!?

If you can get your original NES modded with HDMI. That argument is moot. GC and N64 have HDMI mods too. Also, I have played my older consoles on my LCD TV. Whocares. CRT's just hide the imperfections. I play me stuff regualrly. The Input lag isn't a big deal. 

If money's not an issue, then the Scorpio, since I have an SNES, but no XB1.

Honestly I'm not inclined to buy either, but since I'm a cheapskate, SNES Mini for me

archer9234 said:
Miyamotoo said:

I also have them, but are you aware about difference of real NES and NES Mini when they are played on LCD TV!?

If you can get your original NES modded with HDMI. That argument is moot. GC and N64 have HDMI mods too. Also, I have played my older consoles on my LCD TV. Whocares. CRT's just hide the imperfections. I play me stuff regualrly. The Input lag isn't a big deal. 

Its not point only about HDMI, but how games are emulated, just compare Wii U VC NES games with NES Mini games on LCD screen, huge difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocGdWRF84Q0