By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "Feel True Power" Xbox Scorpio Teaser

Excited for the price deets and Crackdown's launch date.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

Around the Network
Tryklon said:
Machiavellian said:

Why do people keep bring the PC in the equation.  The PC is a very small dent in console buyers equation who actually have a powerful PC to play MS games on.  The PC is irrevelant if anything it would take a mill off the total install base which when you are talking 50+ mill means nothing.

How is it irrelevant? I have a PC and I had an XB1 and a PS4 to play exclusive games... I since sold my XB1 to someone who doesnt even use it anymore and kept my PC and PS4... guess where I'm spending my money now. PS4 exclusives and probably downloading some XBox games... Oh, and my Switch ofc, which became my favorite machine hands down, hehe

I have a gaming PC as well but I am sure that as the total amount of console buyers out there, they do not have a gaming PC or its not at the same level to play MS first party games.  The majority of people that are console gamers are actually that console gamers first.  So the PC is not going to make any real dent for MS with supporting both platforms.  I am not saying there are no PC, console gamers who will just use their PC to play MS games, I am saying the market is to small to make any real diffrence in marketshare.

"What means 6>4?"

6TFlops > 4TFlops :D

ChaosReich said:
Imaginedvl said:

That

The only reason it is at the top now is because it started 100$ cheaper for better performance... Not games as it was the same and general consumer does not care that much. And then the domino effect could not be stopped with the big headstart

If "the domino effect could not be stopped" how do you explain the ps3 eventually tying the xbox 360 in sales even though it released a year later and at double the price at $600

Becuase outside of the US and UK, the 360 did not sell.  In Japan and the rest of the world, the PS3 always outsold the 360 by huge margins.  In the UK and the US, the PS3 never came close to catching up due to huge userbase.

Mafioso said:

CRACK DOWN 3 BABY WOOT WOOT.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
ChaosReich said:

If "the domino effect could not be stopped" how do you explain the ps3 eventually tying the xbox 360 in sales even though it released a year later and at double the price at $600

Becuase outside of the US and UK, the 360 did not sell.  In Japan and the rest of the world, the PS3 always outsold the 360 by huge margins.  In the UK and the US, the PS3 never came close to catching up due to huge userbase.

US and UK are the most important regions overall for game developers however. The 360 software attach ratio was way better than ps3 software attach ratio. So if Microsoft can dominate US and UK like they did before it will be huge. Also, console gamers in Japan are shrinking even worse than last generation which tells me Japan is leaving the console space soon.

Snoopy said:
Mafioso said:

or a new Ninja Gaiden game!

SuperBott said:
Snoopy said:

or a new Ninja Gaiden game!

New Ninja Gaiden game? Not sure because the last one sucked really bad.

Turkish said:

Welp, their E3 is gonna be all about specs and 4K isn't it. Expecting very few exclusive game announcements, if at all, and more talk about performance profiles and teraflopzzz.

But is this a real teaser? Because OP's video is not from the official Xbox channel

Actually I doubt we will see that much in the conference concerning specs for Scorpio.  They already revealed all that stuff and got it out of the way.  If anything you will see games running on the hardware, maybe some updated games that run 4K 60 with better effects like Gears, Halo and Forza.  You will get a release data and just maybe you might see some future tech like the mix reality headsets running on the device.  MS already took the scorpio reveal out of the way so they have more time pining their games and other stuff.

*Must resist the urge to make a funny*

So... let's hope they got some exclusive games to show, or those 3rd parties better be effin amazing versus the PS4Pro.