By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokémon Direct 06/06 7am PT/10 ET

Flilix said:
fedfed said:
Pokémon Star is a join game... with Switch launching a few weeks before.. I stick to my E3 prediction

That would be a good idea. The big Pokémon fans / Nintendo fans will certainly make the jump to Switch, while casual gamers and kids won't be disappointed for not having a new Pokémon game on their 3DS anymore.

Well, from what I'm seeing most all 3DS owners are making the jump regardless of pokemon being announced yet or not.

It would most likely be a combo Stars would make switch owners super happy and would make 3DS owners who have yet to find a switch happy since they can play it while they try and get a switch.

Whatever Nintendo tries to say, the switch is the new handheld. People are wanting the switch, not the NEW Nintendo DS or whatever they are calling that new thing.

Around the Network

Fuck you!! How am I supposed to get back to sleep now that I'm this fucking hyped.

mZuzek said:
I don't think I could facepalm harder.

Just when you think the Pokémon Company might have some idea what they're doing... they announce this a week before E3.

One week. Ugh.

I can already hear it. "Pokémon Stars, available exclusively on Nintendo 3DS this holiday!".

As has been pointed out in this thread a few times. The last few pokemon games have all been announced a week before E3. Seems to be what they do.

But yea, I would say dumb if exclusive to 3DS. But I'm fairly confident that if this is a "stars" it will be a dual game (switch/3DS)

As much as history shoudl tell me it will be a "stars" announcement and not just a stupid mobile game or pikachu detective or whatever shovelware I still am hesitant to get hyped. I just can't beelive that we might finally ahve a console pokemon. It is just too unbelievable to me. Thus no matter how much evidence points towards a Stars Switch, I won't believe it until I see it officially announced.

Pokken: Amiibo Federation Party coming for Wii U 2018

719 amiibos available

*starts praying* Please be a main series title, please be a main series title

Around the Network
monocle_layton said:

719 amiibos available

You forgot shinies and alternate forms.

ktay95 said:
monocle_layton said:

719 amiibos available

You forgot shinies and alternate forms.

Ha, no company could produce that many Amiibo's. Obviously some woudl be more popular than others as well, but could you imagine the dread some collectors woudl feel if something like that was announced.

There woudl be like 2,000 pokemon amiibo's to buy. Cost them like $25,000 to buy a complete set.

I expect Pokken for Switch and Stars will be for Switch/3DS.

I guess I'll watch this, I don't think I'll be at work by that time.

I bet in Pokémon eclipse, 3ds only.