By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - May NPD prediction thread (which console will win this months NPD?)

Which console will win this month's NPD?

Xbox One 6 2.42%

PS4 56 22.58%

Nintendo Switch 167 67.34%

Wii U :P 19 7.66%

Total:248

I'll just predict the loser, it's the only one that's interesting.
Xbox one <90K less than 90, for some reason the less than symbol doesn't show. 

Around the Network

All numbers in thousands:

Switch - 220 (I expect that some MK8 stock was pulled forward from May)
PS4 - 210
XBO - 100
3DS - 60

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Switch - 230k
PS4 - 190k
XBO - 140k

PAOerfulone said:
Switch - 250k
PS4 - 230k
XBO - 210k

3DS - 57k

Switch should have considerable amounts of momentum carrying over from the end of April with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, plus the releases of SF2 and Minecraft, and that should be enough to give it the edge over the PS4 this month.

Theres just no way its that close.

Going by Amazon, with PS4 haveing multiple SKUs in the top100, and the XB1 basically all month without any.

Reguardless of what might think, Amazon is still a good tell of how sales are in the US.

XB1 isnt doing over >150k in May, let alone >200k.

PAOerfulone said:

Seeing as how PS4 and XBO have been pretty close to each other for the most part with PS4 being slightly ahead every month I don't see what's so different about May that would make XBO DRASTICALLY drop to the point where it's not even at 100k.

In April NPD (month before may)

It ended up like this (neogaf):

Nintendo Switch: 280k

PS4: 229k

XB1: 127k

Xbox one selling about half of the PS4 is.... close? PS4 just slightly ahead?

It hasnt been close all year.

Around the Network

WiiU is beating XB1 now.

PAOerfulone said:

Seeing as how PS4 and XBO have been pretty close to each other for the most part with PS4 being slightly ahead every month I don't see what's so different about May that would make XBO DRASTICALLY drop to the point where it's not even at 100k.

I dont think you know what you are talking about. The PS4 had an average lead of like +150k/month this year so far.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1381479

Switch - 260k
PS4 - 240k
XOne - 130k
3DS - 60k

I think it will be switch, but not by much, probably 20k more units than ps4.

PS4 shoudl win June after.

HW numbers coming this coming Thursday. Will bump this thread a couple times this week a chance to vote or post their prediction if they haven't already.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).