By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would make you buy a Scorpio at launch?

Nothing. I don't have the money to get one, so unless they're selling it for basically nothing, I'm not going to get one.

Around the Network

Full PC funcionality.
So we could install steam.

monocle_layton said:
Games.

I don't care if it even has a GTX 1080 inside of it for $499. The library is simply lacking- even the Switch's first year looks much more promising

Switch lineup certainly isn't better. X1 basically gets all 3rd party games, so we couldn't call it "weak". If you're comparing only exclusives, that's kinda unfair since it's basically all that Nintendo has on its consoles.

However, if someone already owns a PS4 or PC, then he already has access to all these games and a Switch would be a better option.

Nothing honestly. I have little faith in the Xbox brand.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

KazumaKiryu said:

i have no interest @ XboxOne 2.0/Scorpio. No chance.

And the PS4 has this/next year the biggest games from japan & the west. The new graphic-kings are "God of War", "The Last of Us 2" or "Death Stranding" in future, that is sure. For this reasons: The Scorpio has no meaning for me. Maybe a true next Xbox 2019 (new Generation, "Xbox Ultimate") :)

More like 2020/21:

- Why would they release a console in late 2017 just to announce a next-gen in early 2019 and kill it like Sega did with the 32X and the Saturn?

- Scorpio is basically the best power they could get for 400-500 dollars in 2017. In 2019, they would barely be able to get twice the power for that price point. They would never do a "next gen" that couldn't feel next gen at all.

Around the Network

It being free.

I just bought an Xbox one a few months ago.

Considering I'm not interested in yet another console, with fewer exclusives than PS4, the price would have to be ridiculously low. Considering how little use I'd have for one, I might not even consider one even if it cost as little as $99.

Playing Halo in 4k.

A ton of exclusive games.

Games. That said, at this point being so overwhelmed with the PS4 and PSV games and planning on getting a Switch not sure I'd even have time for another system. At this stage graphics and price are less an issue than games that interest me.